Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jdee, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdee

jdee Guest

Did you see the Sunday night game? Is Michael Vick a disappointment or what? He looked like he had no interest in playing in that game. He does know that he can run down the field if he's flushed out of the pocket?

JDee

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he cant throw so I dont know why they dont want him to run as much.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Scrambling will do him no good; the Bears Defense is equally athletic....he tried that, btw, and had something like 26 yards rushing.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i don't get it when someone actually realizes that Vick is suck master

he may be one of the best RUNNERS in this league, but he is also one of the worst PASSERS. I actually thought that he was starting to grasp that offense a little better - he looked good in pre-season

Atlanta's best QB is Matt Schaub

MIchael Vick is pure hype

rant over

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Mike Vick can become a better passer; it's going to take time. I thought he had some really nice throws, accurate throws at that, but he also had some bad ones(a few could be blamed on the wind, but eh).With that said, doesn't Atlanta have a bunch of light and quick linemen? Might be good for when he wants to scramble, but they were getting dominated by the Bears frontline. Maybe thats an area they look to upgrade. Mike has two really promising Recievers in White and Jenkins. Once he clicks with those two and they have another year or two of maturity under their belts, he'll start to mature as a passer. Another thing, I think Vicks starting to slowly realize that he can't run first, throw second in his position and that teams are finally realizing how to contain his scrambling.

EDIT: One thing I never noticed is Mike Vick is 6 ft. tall. Could be one of the reasons why he has little success throwing and has alot of balls tipped at the line of scrimage.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ron Mexico sighting

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mike vick will become a better passer. it happened to mcnair, culpepper, mcnabb and cunningham. once he gets closer to 28-30 and he cant take those hits like he does now, he'll be forced to learn.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Vick is in his 5th year and statistically is showing no progress (his best year passing was 2002, rating, TD/int, yards). IMO he will dead and buried before he becomes much better. If he keeps playing teams like the Bears he may see his career come to an early end.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Like Sox said, 5th year, still sucks. He wasn't much of a passer in college either. McNair and Culpepper showed what kinda passers they were in college, and were better early in their NFL careers. Vick is the most overrated player in the league.

Maybe he can become a better passer, but the fact is he still sucks as a passer, and that has been the truth for a long time. Two 1st round WR's, a top TE, a very good rushing game, he's been in the system for awhile now....better do it soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar