Microsoft to offer SIX (6) versions of Vista ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why else would the joe average need it?
    3 people in my family has a job, none of them need to use any sort of Microsoft Office programs, and everyone uses it for going online.

Everything I know on photoshop i learnt online and that was because at one stage i was interested in a possible career.

why would they need it?

2. Basically, they are saying that MS is using their Windows monopoly to force users to also use their other software (internet explorer, windows media player) and give them an unfair advantage against other competing companies (like Real and Apple).

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thank god

the Europeans are revolting !!!!!

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'd rather have Linux

no wait a minute ..... I'd rather have OSX...........:)

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:

i bet they don't even use Windows (or at least I hope the US Government isn't)

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

isnt that just smart business management?

7. In a manner of speaking, sure, but that doesn't make it legal...

Basically, it's not illegal to have a monopoly. But it is illegal to use that monopoly as an advantage over competitors in other areas. MS can't legally use their Windows monopoly to crush software like QuickTime and RealPlayer by bundling WindowsMediaPlayer with every PC on the planet. And they couldn't legally use it to crush Netscape by bundling IE with Windows (but they did and sort of got away with it).

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ya know ..... going back to the original "people that know what they are doing" would just go in and change the settings that disallow IE /WMP / Outlook from being the default applications

AOL does a similar screw-job on your PC

hell, the last few weeks of my miserable experience with WIN, I was using Opera / QuickTime and Comcast web-based email client just so I wouldn't have to constantly baby MS crap

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I hate Quicktime, it is terrible.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you're out of your mind
    i can watch full screen HDTV using QT
    and have full control over slewing without having to rebuffer like w/ WMP

you must not be watching quality clips or using an older version

i know people that are still bouning back and forth between WMP 8/9/10 because of codec issues and read errors
    it's typical

i'm glad you like it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar