Microsoft to offer SIX (6) versions of Vista ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you are probably the only person ever to own a Windows PC that hasn't

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

All those things are why I dumped Windows. And it's not because I'm computer illiterate...it's simply because it never works.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And you are the one claiming Vigsted is making the most ignorant statement ever made.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if that was the case then it would never sell and i wouldnt be replying right now. :brow:

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No, they sell because they're inexpensive and constantly make great promises. But it depends on what you use them for, I guess.

Mine is for music production. Windows and the programs that run on it were nothing but trouble. Apple and Logic work wonderfully. Several tunes tracked and mixed, no problem.

6. Windows is fine when it's working.

The problem is that it isn't far too often. Either because or a virus, or spyware, or registry error, ar any number of other glitches, things tend to go wrong. And they do seem to go wrong for seemingly no reason at times, not just because of user error.

Simply put, OSX is far more dependable than Windows is...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how old is OSX.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

1) I've already written several posts detailing why I prefer Windows, see above.

2) Umm... if all corporations decided to implement for Mac, I would be doing the implementing, so it would just mean more work for me.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Me either. However what many fail to realise is that a lot of problems that users attribute to Windows, is in fact due to the huge variation in hardware and drivers that 3rd party developers provide for Windows. Having a fixed hardware setup like the Mac, Xbox, Playstation, etc. means the OS doesn't have to worry about a million different combinations of hardware and drivers. Windows and the Intel x86 standard allows for this diversity, which is what I've always loved about them. I wasn't forced to use a given set of hardware.

I guess the difference is that I love to tinker with my PC, even at the risk of breaking it, and that I due to my work will try to get my hands as far down the belly of the beast as possible. Windows, although not as well as I would like (see Linux), allows for this, and to me belief moreso than Mac.

I'm not saying Mac is bad for internet browsing, photoediting and whatnot, but the diversity in the Windows environment and underlying hardware is what has always interested me.

And stability is what you make of it. Yes pre-2000 versions of Windows had serious stability issues (you could leave a fresh 98 install running by itself for a few weeks and it would crash). However 2000 and above exhibit no instabilities in of itself. However 3rd party hardware and software can lead to instability.

10. maximus

maximus Starter

Microsoft Office for Mac is actually better than Microsoft Office for Windows.
    Mac runs smoother, less viruses, more efficent, and I dont use Internet Explorer unless I have no choice....Mozilla Firefox all the way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar