Mike Flanagan a Texan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Overalls, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Texans are always meant to be on the rise, they never show it.

2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Well, that COULD be Reggie Bush, maybe you've heard of him.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I was going to say, Reggie Bush will probably put a few of those points up. Overalls, as a fan, how many more OL positions would you turn over if you could?

I think the Flanagan signing just may have increased Favre's chances of retiring, though.

Your best move is to trade down and get D'Brickashaw, ya know.

4. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Our O-line is shaping up. IF everybody else played up to their potential and If I could up grade just one spot it would be Right Guard. The left side is looking solid. Chester Pitts at LT is alright, not great. McKinney back at LG is an upgrade. Flanagan at center is an upgrade at Center. That leaves Weigert and Wade on the right side. I would rather up grade Wade than Weigert. However, if in the new system, Wade plays like he did in Miami we could have a pretty good line.

The main thing we need is for the line to be good enough and for the system to be good enough for Carr to get over being shell shocked.

As far as the draft goes I would really rather get Mario Williams, but with Drew going to New Orleans and the Saints openly shoping the #2 pick because they took care of their QB needs I don't know if we can count on trading down and getting Williams. As much as Marios stock is rising I still don't think we get him at #1.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought Wade sucked in Miami?

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i don't know if this is just me or not...but i was listening on sirius radio to the nfl channel and they mentioned that joey harrington has almost the same stats as david carr since both of them got drafted back in '02. If he puts up medicore numbers again with the new staff this year, overalls you would have to be highly dissapointed in him...

Harrington career-10242 yards 60 TD's 62 INT's 68.1 passer rating
    Carr career- 10642 yards 48 TD's 53 INT's 73.7 passer rating

7. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I'm disapointed in him now, but remember he started with an expantion team and Joey Harington had 3, 1st round pick WRs and an established O-line.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ Doesnt the Detroit O-Line suck?

9. Overalls

Overalls Starter

As been posted before, the Texans O-line, this past year was geared toward run protecting so they more or less left Carr out for dry.

Sack stats don't tell the whole truth of an O-lines worth, but it can tell you something about it.

Ok both Harington and Carr came into the league in 02. That year the Lions gave up 20 sacks, the texans 76. In 2003 the Lions gave up 11 sacks the Texans gave up 36. That year Only 9 of those 11 Lions sacks were with Joey harington as QB. His passer rating 63.9 The Texans have given up that many sacks in a GAME. In 2004 the Lions gave up 37 sacks and the Texans gave up 49. In 2005 the Lions gave up 31 sacks, while the Texans gave up 68. While the Lions O-Line may not be the best in the NFL can you really say its not better than the Texans.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well what could be worse then the Texan O-line. It was terrible.

Atleast your trying to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar