Mike Florio does not expect CJ to be a Titan in 2013

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

he knows no one will pay him that much. he would basically be asking for a pay cut.
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

True but when the game is out of hand, as it has been for most games going into the 4th, it doesn't hurt to try someone else for 5 - 7 carries. Granted teams play prevent but it's something.
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I would respect this coaching stuff much more if they pulled CJ and gave carries to another player. But that goes back to why no one care for the staff to begin with.
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Do any of you honestly think it's even possible that one of our other RB's would produce better than CJ?
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't disagree. I think we saw Reynaud and Ringer get a series late last Sunday. But, by that time, the Titans offense had abandoned the run game. What I would like to see is a legitimate series when the Titans are still in their offense for Harper to get a shot.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

yes, I do think it is possible but it is yet to be seen.
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I certainly don't think one could do any worse. I'm hoping that the FO is really just at this point seeing what they really have in CJ, give him all the carries and wear him out or he produces. If he produces and still "has it" then they can keep him, if he continues to play like he has, I think they're just "running" him out of town.
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

Yes if Harper would run down-hill.
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Considering CJ is a dancing queen in the backfield, I'd definitely say it's possible... it won't be pretty, but I'm sure Ringer or Harper would average 3 YPC - consistently.
  10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

He can defiantly block. He hasn't had an oppertunity on the line yet.....

But that kr guy on the Lions staunchly disagrees with you