Mike Heimerdinger Thoughts/Hire Close

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is the overall theme I'm getting

- Uses the West Coast Offense ( Shanahans)
    - Prefers to be upstairs, not on the field
    - Likes the deep ball
    - Prefers to implement shotgun
    - Adapts to the strength of the qb
    - Likes the power running game
    - Coaches where he gets paid
    - Coaches where he has control of offense
    - Like to get play makers involved, not positions
    - Is not as involved in the draft
    - Prefers a young qb to sit and wait
    - Backup Rb's will be used
    - Tends, somehow, to be a time of possession offense
    - Good track record developing rookies at the skill position, wr, rb, qb.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I can dig it

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I don't remember ever seeing Heimerdinger up stairs... I think he likes to be within earshot of his players.

When he was here, it wasn't really a west coast offense, in respect to passing to set up the run. He also liked the vertical passing game. We still pounded away with George, but he was balanced enough to keep eight and nine out of the box. He likes to get points, and lots of them, early. When in the redzone, he would attack the endzone.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:yes:

He also ran several roll-outs with McNair to the strong and weak side. Very effective in 02. I hope this works out because I think Dinger being our OC will have more of a positive impact than acquiring playmakers. (although we obviously need both)

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I know time is of the essence but why not bring in anyone else for an interview? It's as if Bud called Fisher and said, "get Dinger in here".

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think it's simple: How many coaches have taken a running qb in the nfl and made them successful? I mean, really successful? One that I can think of, and now he's back with us.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Hell I'm all for it. If our offense can step up to the level of our defense we'll be heading deep into the playoffs. That would be fun.

8. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Heimerdinger back with Titans, will guide offense

The Tennessee Titans have hired Broncos assistant Mike Heimerdinger as offensive coordinator, his second stint with the team after spending the last two seasons in Denver. ...more

[​IMG]

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Depends how you define really successful.

Stats? There's been quite a few good running QBs.

Superbowls? That's a lot less and not always on the QB.

10. reo

reo Starter

He doesn't run the west coast though. WC is more 3 step drops w/ quick slants and such where they're relying on the WRs to break tackles and get yac's.

Dinger likes more 5 step drops and presnap reads by both the WR and the QB. He wants the Qb to make quick decisions but not in the same way as the west coast really. It'll be even more essential for him and his WRs to get on the same page so they read things the same so they're where VY thinks they'll be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar