Mike Mayock Position Rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I liked Carr. He throws a really nice fade. He does have a very strong arm with nice velocity, and he can fit the football in tight windows. He's also very smart. He already does a nice job reading defenses.
    Yea, his reaction to the blitz definitely isn't as bad as Gabbert's.

I'd welcome Carr at 42, but definitely not at 11 too.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Can't agree more. Benjamin is clearly a better prospect than Beckham and Landry. Landry ran a 4.65 40 at the combine so it would be so easy to list him behind Benjamin and Beckham though the kid is a good player.

Benjamin can go as high as 9th in my opinion and would be totally justifiable at 11. Beckham is a late first early 2nd type guy and Landry a late 2nd or 3rd rd prospect.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think dropping Gilbert to 3rd Cb is stupid even if you like fuller more. Dennard ran a 7.07 cone on his pro day which was much worse than Gilbert's 6.90 and Gilbert supposedly hurt himself with that time. So the standard is different?

When drafting a Cb high in the first rd go by the simple formula of a sub 4.40 40 and a sub 7.00 cone.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I would agree with this. Carr at 42 would be a steal, not a chance in hell id take him at 11 though.

Slim chance that he falls to 42, but id be thrilled if he did.

5. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I think people are going to be more wary of this QB class than they would admit with maybe one or two exceptions. I've still got Barr @ 11 and Carr @ 43 pencilled in.

6. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Kind of like Shonn Greene?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like Carr at 11 more than Bridgewater. People are judging him too much based on 2 games in which his o-line was outmatched against Oregon and USC.

His body of work at Fresno is very impressive. There is no reason to have Bortles and Bridgewater ahead of him, he is at least a comparable prospect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar