Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Mike Mularkey and Cam Cameron..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 13, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,135
    If we were going to get new coordinators then the old ones would have been fired by now.
    Inaccurate Passer high fives this.
  2. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $588
    I wouldn't find the hiring of Cameron or Mularkey in the least bit inspiring (for me no more inspiring than giving the young feller Loggains a shot), but if that's who the head man wants on his staff, I'd roll with it. I want Munchak to do whatever the **** he wants and sink or swim based on those decisions. I think given his relatively late hiring in 2011, he was certainly limited in his selections when filling his coaching staff. Although tiresome at this point, I think this was a real issue specifically with the hiring of Palmer (and along with the 2011 lockout, has been an all too convenient excuse for a lack of success). I'm not in love with Munchak as a head coach (how could one be after last season), but if the team has decided to give him another shot, I much prefer he gets a free choice of the people he wants on his staff. So if after working with Loggains, he thinks the guy is a brilliant young offensive mind... I say okay, good luck with that... I hope he's right.
    Carpy, fitantitans and SawdustMan high five this.
  3. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,135
    Good post and good point. I'm tired of all the excuses (lockout/late hiring/bad players/schedule/etc). After year 3, in which he had full control of the molding of his staff, the excuse well will be run dry.

It's sink or swim time Munch. Good luck (you're gonna need it).
  4. dtm586 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,076
    I would love any upgrade over Doggains and Gray and those two names you mentioned Mularky and Cameron I would take in an instant ... however it would make too much sense for the Titans to even pursue it. So no. Titans will do what they do best. Stay put and hire from within.
  5. fitantitans This space For Rent

Klug
    Moolah:
    $262
    CLIMER; Tennessean 1/13/13
    What was the most efficient phase of the game for the Titans last season?
    Special Teams
    On a lousy defense, what unit played best?
    Linebackers
    Who was the most productive player on a mediocre offense?
    Chris Johnson
    What player tied for the team lead in touchdown receptions?
    TE Cook
    So..... let's fire the special teams coach, the linebackers coach, the running backs coach and the TE coach!!!
    The other, nonproductive coaches, still have jobs.
    Problems start at the top and work down. The old saying, "The higher the monkey climbs, the more of his ass shines!".
  6. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,068
    The Falcons offense this year is not at all better than it was the last 2 years with Mularkey. They are 7th in scoring offense this year vs 7th last year and 5th in 2010.

Julio Jones has made them more explosive but they were more balanced before. The running game is not as good this year.
  7. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,068

Our TEs were not well coached and under performed in my opinion. People on this board have called for Alan Lowry's departure many seasons past and bashed Fisher for being too loyal to his friend. Now Lowry gets fired and he's the god of special teams.
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $47,976
    HELL NO to Cameron.

Maybe Mularkey, but the Falcons are better off without him, so I'd probably pass on him as well.

Honestly I don't even care who our coordinators are in 2013. We're going to end up having to clean house at the end of the season and get new ones anyways.
  9. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $22,981
    3 years is what was reasonable in the first place :)

After next season, if we dont see a noticeable improvement, then ill leave my stance on Munch (even though its not that high in the first place)

By the way, excuses may be excuses, but they are also pretty factual.
  10. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $47,976
    I wanted us to clean house, but keep Lowry and maybe Moore. I was a fan of him before the firing.

If he wasn't any good, no one would be complaining.

Did anyone complain about the TE coach getting fired? No... because he was pretty much irrelevant to our team.
    Scarecrow high fives this.