Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MM throws as much coachspeak as anyone...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Define your version of "fail". No Super Bowl victory? No Super Bowl berth? Deep into the playoffs? One and done playoff game?

My expectations are playoffs..... but not playoffs or BUST. That would infer that he is fired if he doesn't make the playoffs.

I am fully aware that a butt-ton of people here would want him fired if not.

"Build his roster"......
    Year 1.....he improved to 9 wins (no one expected that)
    Going forward:
    Year 2.....10+ wins and playoff berth
    If not.....year 3= playoffs or a change is due.
    Obviously, I like him but I can say a change would be in order.

Look.....I'm just trying to be realistic.
    For one moment.....forget Buffalo, forget Jacksonville, forget the "coaching search" forget Josh McDaniels and John Gruden. Better yet....pretend this was Josh McDaniel:
    - Josh Mac gets the job
    - takes the team from 2 wins to 9 his first season
    - has the exact first two games this season that the team has had....1-1 leading the division.......
    The same people b1tching about Mularkey would be overjoyed at this point.

That is the truth.

It's all about pre-determined stances for the majority here. They made up their mind day one.
    He could win a Super Bowl THIS year and some would find every reason that the team won it despite him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

For me if we make the playoffs and were one and done, I'd say Mularkey job is safe, but I do believe if he doesnt make this team a playoff team this year, he will be in the hot seat all season long next year. I like some of your points and I think their pretty valid.

Me personally I didnt want to hire an OC coach as an HC. Ken whisenpunt left a sour taste.... to be honest im not even a McDaniels fan.

4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You "gave him a pass" for tripling the win total from the previous year? How generous of you.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Nope. Gave him a pass beacause he wanted to get his own personnel here, wich he did and he did an amazing job. But this year the exceptations are higher and if he fails to deliver his window will be closing next year.

6. skitch

I agree. That is basically what I was saying.
    Also, I guess it depends on who's hot seat we are talking about.
    He IS on the hot seat already with some people. However, the only one that matters is AAS.

7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

At some point, Robinson will be the one making that decision. I am also pretty sure Robinson and Amy has had conversations on the leash of Mularkey.

I am not by any means a Mularkey **** talker, I think he did a very fine job last year, but last year is last year, and every year you are held to a higher standard. And this year HE HAS to take us to the next step, and thats playoffs.

I would be very suprised if people still talk down on Mularkey if he gets us to the playoffs. If they do than those fans are just not really Titans dans, just casual f*uckboys fans in my opinion.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It's true so many want Mularkey to fail cause of their preconceived notions of him that they can't even admit he's doing a pretty damn good job

Today's blowout win had Mularkey's fingerprints all over it

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This is exactly what I don't want to see happen.

If he's gonna be 'on the hot seat' all next year, just can his butt. Why waste a year of all this young talent on a 'probably gonna fire eventually' guy?

10. skitch

So you are saying he gets 2 seasons to build a team and make the playoffs or he gets canned?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar