Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mularkey earned his keep with this win over the jags

see how I feel this time next week

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Gotta beat this ****** division.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

The only opponent we have in this division is ourselves......

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Mularkey says hi

6. kenny

kenny Starter

I think that if he can win the AFC South; this is the year he WILL do it. There has not been a better year for us to take advantage of IMO. We win the South & we are in the playoffs. You cannot ask for much better than that from a 2nd year HC. There are some things about the guy I do not like. I still WANT him to win. If he wins our team wins. I think all fans want a win. Real fans anyway. I certainly do not want us to lose so we can get a new HC.

I never believed he was the best HC for the team. However, the only HC I really liked that year was Hue Jackson. I really liked what he did w/ a very similar offense in Cincy.

All that said, If he gets us to the playoffs; I will be pulling for him to do the same next year. If he doesn't get us to the playoffs this year; it will be harder for me to get behind him. My reasoning is simple: There has not been a more talented Titans' team in Nashville; and a better year for us to win. We have our QB, the Colts are going to be behind the 8 ball until Luck is back. The Texans are behind us in QB/Oline development; and the Jags are strapped w/ Bortles. This is the year we win the South; if we are going to w/ this Coaching staff IMO.....

Should he get another year if he does not make it??........ I think he will; just because of his relationship w/ AAS. I will still pull for the team to win. It will just be MUCH harder to believe it will happen....

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Not necessarily. I'd judge his work by more than wins and losses.

I just hate "lame duck" hot seat coach situations. If you have no confidence in him, go ahead and make a change.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

I have two main objections to your post. First off, I object to the fact that your reasoning as to why we should win the AFC South this year is solely because the other three teams are all having down years. While I agree that they are all having down years, that should not be the only reason as to why we should win the division this year or any other year. I want, for my Tennessee Titans, to dominate, or at least always be in contention for, the AFC South regardless of how good or bad the other three teams in the division are. While I understand that in sports no single team can be dominate each and every single year, the NFL system is cyclically set up to maintain the possibility of even talent distribution throughout the league. The rest is based off of the teams management and coaching staff. In the NFL, especially in the case of my team, I want and expect the ownership to want and expect the best talent to be on the sideline each and every Sunday. Make no mistake, this is not college football. These coaches as well as players are being paid millions of dollars to be the very best at their jobs, ergo I will not settle for "hopefully he can get us to the playoffs this year" as the best case scenario. Now, I understand that teams go through rebuilding years where expectations are realistically less than normal. However we have been in "rebuilding" for the last 7-8 years. Which brings brings me to my second objection..

While I agree we have exceptional talent, I find it very offensive as a Titans fan that you say, "There has not been a more talented Titans' team in Nashville". We do, absolutely, have more talented Titans team than we have had in a long time. But insinuating, at this point, that they are the most talented Titans team to ever be in Nashville has far yet to be proven. We have the best talent in a Titans team than we have had in a very long time, I refuse, with this team, to settle for a coach that can "hopefully get us to the playoffs".

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

I agree to some extent. But with a young QB and a young roster making the playoffs for a HC thats been on this team for two years now is a good sign of things to come. I am not a big fan of Mularkey but like kenny said I wasnt a fan of other HCs that were available that year either, we could of done alot worse by bringing another failure OC coach like Ken.I think we missed on Zimmerman but I believe that was under a douchebag Tommie Smith that hired Ken Whisenpunt. That is the year I really wanted us to purse a guy like Zimmerman.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jim Bob Cooter for head coach.

Bring James Robert back home.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar