Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

There's probably nobody on our staff capable of leading this team better than Mularkey. This is not a defense of Mularkey's garbage coaching, it's a testament to how bad our overall coaching staff is.

We don't have one good name on the defensive side of the coaching outside of LeBeau and maybe Spanos. If we fire Mularkey tomorrow, Robiskie probably takes over. Y'all want that oaf coaching the team?

I don't see Mularkey getting fired unless we totally collapse and win like 5 games or fewer. An 8-8, non-playoff season probably gets Mularkey a stern talk from Jon Robinson and some mandated coaching staff changes. And then we can move on from him during or after the 2018 season.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

Yea, I don't think that's a coincidence... Mularkey Made sure he built in job security this time.... LOL.

The bad thing is the GM here does not have the power to fire the HC. I don't think any GM in TN has had that power. I think they should.... I believe this franchise would be much better if the owners let the football people (specifically GM) make football decisions.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Tune up the pipes ladies and gentleman

Almost time to start singing

Na na naA Naaaa

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Sorry I doubted the Mularkey haters earlier. After the turnaround last season, I really wanted to give him a fair shake.

He sucks. These 2 losses are easily on him. Robiskie needs to be gone now, not next week, not Monday, now.
    With no one really to fill in, let Mularkey continue to fail this year and start the search now. (I mean a real search too)

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Bye bye Mularkey, end of the season can't get here soon enough

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

What made Mularkey think it was a great idea to hire Robiskie as the OC? Please fire both ASAP. They're both wasting away our players. Inept bunch of scrub ass coaches. Have a bunch of 60-90 year old idiots trying to lead 20yr old players, fawking stupid.

8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

This game was very winnable and with a team that is supposedly playoff bound they should have even without Mariota.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I felt the exact same. Hell, I would still be saying "Mariota was out, not the coach's fault", if not for this play:
    [​IMG]

To fail to challenge a 3rd down spot with the game on the line ... it's inexcusable. The only logical reason can be pure incompetence. If the Dolphins ran up on the ball and got it off in 8 seconds before anyone could get a clear look, I could sort of understand ... don't want to waste the final timeout and then they are just taking knees. But allowed the clock to tick from 2:31 to 2:06, then took the final timeout without challenging. What in the hell? You could have challenged, and even if you lost it would've been the same result ... loose the timeout on this side of the 2 minute warning.

It was literally a decision that showed their ignorance and pure incompetence to be making decisions. I can't even begin to guess at what was going through his head there.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar