Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

JRob has been getting a lot of love here, and, for the most part, deservedly so.

Cassel being on the roster was his call. Maybe the hits had something to do with it but his arm looked dead to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I don't blame JRob. I think he's done good. I think he needs to do what every other person in his position is able to do. Hire his own guy at coach. If he does this and they are still failing. Then yes, ax JRob.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think JR is overall the right guy. But this is his first gig as a GM and he has made mistakes. This draft was solid, but we need to see certain areas that have dragged for a while shored up this off season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think Cassel was a fairly inexpensive guy who's been around a little while (both Titans and the NFL) so he should be able to step in and play capable ball. With that in mind, I don't think JRob spent a lot of time or effort trying to replace him.

Too little too late, but I bet he does this offseason.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

WTH did Jrob see in Cassell to make him think Cassell could come in and win games if needed? We all knew it, backup should not mean automatic loss! Cassell is incapable!

This game was very winnable and we laid an egg again. I'm tired of it.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

He came from the NE system at about the same Cassell was throwing TD passes for Belichek. The only thing I can think of is Belichek and his system made him a believer. Made a few others believers as well. For example. Scott Pioli

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Yea a freaking decade ago

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree...JRob has done well overall IMO, but this was not one of his stellar moves. That said, there really is a dearth of QB talent out there IMO....

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Mularkey got the job because he was 'qualified' when Wizinator was shytcanned...

dude at least learned to make sure there was no easy in season option for the FO

not one member of the staff is ready to be an NFL HC... including Mularkey

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 615nick

615nick Starter

I have to question our ownership on our playing style, after 20+ years of the same bs. I love my titans, but im sick and tired of watching the same bs playcalling. Fish, munchek, wiz, mularkey, are all old school idiots. Why do we bring in all this talent, to never use it? It makes no sense at all that we never fix what's broken and never go after what works. Yesterday we had one electric play on o (was called back for interference) and we never even made an attempt to back at that tyoe of play. Our run game was getting stopped, but we kept rinning the same bs vanilla runs? Idk how anyone could possibly think that this "never change" thought, will ever work. I would be very interested to see if the people calling the shots are actually mentally retarded. Let jrob call the shots and fire all of our coaching staff regardless of our record. But the oc, dc and hc should all be canned today.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar