Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Do you guts think when the play is called, and 4 guys run a route, the coaches decide which one of the 4 players Mariota throws to? I'm just trying to make sure I understand this offense more..

2. kenny

kenny Starter

I honestly believe Mularkey is a control freak. He says Marcus has "Freedom to call what he wants" but also says "That should not happen maybe twice; and not even in one game." He feels the coaching staff has scouted the teams well enough to know what works; and what should be called. That has not been the case IMO. The offense is not working. I wish they would allow him more freedom. In 2 minute drives when Marcus calls the plays; it is a completely different offense IMO. The passing game works; and we move the ball.

As to if Marcus or the coaches decide who he throws to; I believe it depends on the play called. Mularkey speaks to the fact that some plays are designed to get the ball to player X..... At times he talks about the reads. So while I believe Marcus has some freedom; I think much of it is based on what Mularkey wants. Mularkey says it is his offense. He is the one building the game plan on offense w/ TR. He has even said, "I called that play." So Mularkey is making the game plan, Calling plays, and it is his offense. Of course TR has input as do others I would say. I also do not think Mularkey calls all of the plays. On The Mike Mularkey Show on Titans' Radio; he said he called the play for Phillip Supernaw where he got false start 2 times. He said; "I called it twice & he jumped twice. Jason (Michaels) told me to call it again; it will work. I did, and I'm glad it worked." So we know he is at least calling some plays.

I believe Mularkey has him target certain guys at certain times. I do not think he does it all of the time. I'm not saying Marcus doesn't make mistakes. All young QBs do. I do believe in Marcus much more than I do our Coaching Staff though. I wish he had more freedom & input into the offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

4 guys never run a route at the same time in this offense. That’s one major problem.

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Mularkey as a HC as only seen his starting qb have 3 300+ passing yard games before arriving to TN. That was all in 2012 with the Jaguars. Smh

5. kenny

kenny Starter

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• LOL LOL x 3
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I believe in the Easter Bunny more than La Canforna.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

We are talking about the same guy that would get pissed off at players if their helmets weren't exactly in a straight line on the field during warm ups in JAX.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

is that you, PK?

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar