Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The results on the field are more of what I'm referring to. They apparently weren't that confused by the different looks they were getting if they held our RBs to under 4 YPC and allowed under 270 yards in the air from 44 pass attempts.

We left at least 2 scores on the field which was not the fault of the play calling. It's just the manner in which the points are being scored that I have issue with. We have a few drives each game where we march down the field as if we are playing against air, then a bunch of 3 and outs.

Assuming the score at the end of the game is the same, I'd prefer us to have more drives where we get 2 or 3 first downs but are short of FG range, as opposed to this feast or famine type offense. That way we can do an even better job of playing the field position game with the great Kern, get even more balls to the playmakers, and it would give me some sort of confidence that they will eventually be able to pull everything together on that side and be a real competitor. I just think we'll continue having no idea what to expect from this group.
    By saying they were bad?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol He was saying they had a lot of plays and a lot of formations. And that we had even more than they did.

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

"They were doing different (expletive) the whole game. I'm going to tip my hat to their coordinator (Terry Robiskie). I thought Pittsburgh was bad. Those guys (the #Titans) had a lot of plays, a lot of formations." - #Bengals CB Dre Kirkpatrick

Apparently you have a different interpretation of this quote.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Not sure how one could arrive a a different conclusion as far as what he meant. lol

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

He didn’t say they were “bad” as in poor play. What he was saying is Pitssburgh was bad in terms of throwing the kitchen sink at them. A better way to look at it is substitute “bad” with “tough”.
    What he said.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I got that. But he's basically saying that Pittsburgh's offense was simplistic and predictable, yet they gave up 29 points.

I'm just not equating having a lot of different formations with actually being effective. Which we haven't been all year.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don’t think he is saying that Pittsburgh’s offense was simplistic and predictable. I think he was saying the opposite. But everyone can interpret things differently, so you go your way and I’ll go my way on it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Before you do that, please explain to me how simply being referred to as "bad" in terms of the number of plays and formations a team runs can somehow be interpreted as being the opposite of simplistic and predictable.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Already did. He was saying “I thought that Pittsburgh was “bad” about throwing a lot of $#*@ at you, but the Titans threw even more $&#* at us formation-wise.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Ohh. Got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar