Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Before the season I said 10-6 and win the division. That was my expectations and I was happy because I actually had expectations for the first time in a while.

If we make it to the playoffs, even as a wild card, they won't fire him imo.

The offense tried to open up the last game so I assume going forward, they will do the same and if we cut out mental errors, we're going to enjoy this team. If Mariota isn't killed by his line.

Pitt gets a lot of sacks and our blocking was pathetic the last game. They will have to get that figured out immediately.

Everyone wanted them to open up and the last game, they allowed more pressure than they have the previous 3 games and he got hurt. Even if it wasn't serious.

I believe the coaches already knew that, and that's why we saw the offence go into a shell until Mariota was 100%.

When this offense clicks, it's a beautiful thing to watch. Yesterday could have been where we started to hit our stride but the players blew it.

On the flip side.... When this offense doesn't work, it's terrible.

I hear people say often "a good team will win this one." Then, after we beat them, it wasn't impressive enough.

Yet this team is finding a way to win, instead of lose. People always say results matter. This team keeps fighting when we would fold in the past. That's coaching. Even though most of us would love to take out Robiskis knees.

If we can ugly and whine our way to the playoffs, it starts over. You just have to win and keep winning and I am confident saying this team will fight until the last second of the game. That mentality comes from somewhere. Robinson and Mularkey have accomplished that, at least.

Now if this team collapses, we will have to revisit this

While most people break down tape and can see flaws in the system, Robiski, Mariota, the WRs, the line, and the running backs...... You have to ask yourself what the people up top of thinking.

Do they have a chalkboard up and giving the coaches X's every week. Or do they think that in spite of all that's wrong, they are still winning and are concerned about this season.?

If our offense can get on the same page and everyone can stay healthy, we could go deep in the playoffs and we won't even be able to have this discussion. Win a playoff game and everyone should give Mularkey a little respect for what has been done here.

At the end if the season, Robinson will look at the results. It's hard to think that bringing in some new faces would fix everything vs if we could be more consistent. Throw in the playoffs...

I think he's safe. Is Robiski? Idk. That will be decided at the end of the year. If we did what we did last year, he's probably safe too and there are multiple things to consider.

Keep in mind. I'm the guy that said there was no way they fired Whiz mid season so there's always that.

I'm just enjoying the ride even though it's bumpy. Im happy that for 2 years in a row, everyone not already talking about the draft.

Im not expecting a win vs Pitt. That will be ok if our offense can put it together. It's hard to imagine we win out unless everything just starts clicking so I'd feel better if the games we dropped were against people we would see in the playoffs.

Hopefully we're playing our backups by then but the way it's going, the last game of the season could be one of the best to attend in a long time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I had expectations last year -- 7 wins

3. Alzarius

By the time Whiz was fired and Mularkey was placed in interm, I was pretty complacent.

I wasnt excited about the hire but we went 9-7 with a lot of room for improvement.

On paper we improved. Defense definitely looks better. I felt 10 wins was fair. 7 wins, without an injury (which we already have had), and I would have wanted Mularkey gone. We got through that injury so it can't be used as an excuse now. We all know we are a good ref team away from being 7-2.

Considering how bad things have looked, having 6 wins seems impressive because there's so much room to grow.

4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

We are in week 10 now and we havent shown growth on offense.

5. Alzarius

Add 2 TDs to the score and would you feel the same way? That's why if they clean their act up, it'll look much better than what we have been seeing.

Luckily their offense was crap. We have to improve or we will lose when teams score. However we have examples from last year and this year to prove we can drop 30 even on good defenses if they a execute and Robiski isn't looking at the cheerleaders on the sidelines

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Honestly, I'm starting to warm up to this guy.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

“I love this team” than someone responds “i love my coach” lol. Classic

• Boring Boring x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Its been nearly a decade since the Titans made the P.O. ... no way we fire MM if we make it this year, even as a WC.

Nor should we IMO. He is a good coach. The team plays hard for him, and we are winning games.

You guys expect Bill Belichick, but chances are much higher that we get another Whiz instead.

We are finding ways to win now, and the thing is, this team is still being built.

We are on pace for a 10 or 11 win season right now less than 2 years removed from having the #1 overall pick

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

all true... and the 'search' was total :bs: period.

I will not forget

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar