Mike Mularkey & Terry Robiskie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBC

JBC Starter

The Titans are 8 and 6 with wins over Detroit, Green Bay, Denver, and now Kansas City. They are also in the driver's seat with a great chance to take the division and get into the playoffs. How many of us on here would have thought that was possible? Most on this forum expected six wins.

It has been a long time since we as Titans fans have had a team like this to cheer for. It's time for us to stop waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't post often on game day, because my emotions are up and down as the game goes on. Mularkey has this team playing hard, and winning games no one picked them to win. Expectations have been exceeded. No coach calls a perfect game, even Belichick calls plays that don't work sometimes.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I am far from a Robiskie fan. I think our wins have come despite Robiskie, not because of him.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm mot anti-Mularkey, just think O gameplan (not just singular plays) could've been better. We not surprisingly turned it over 3 times to a great "takeaway" D.

What you're saying is all true. Mularkey has the team believing and achieving. He deserves a lot of credit for that. I hated the hire but have come to like Mularkey's no BS straight shooting demeanor. Is he a coach that can take a team to the next level of deep playoffs and SB? I hope so but I'd have to see sit better gameplanning before I'm willing to sign off that he's "our guy" for the long haul.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Mularkey's ok, Robiskie can ead. Hopefully that will be corrected during the offseason.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't see them getting rid of Terry in the off season. But the gadget plays need to stop.

So does running Demarco on 3rd and 4th and 1s.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

More importantly he needs to stop being so tendency heavy. The fact we don't get in 3rd and 10 more often is a tribute to our OL, since we're literally running the ball 100% of the time on 2nd and 10 after an incompletion (shovel passes and screens are just long handoffs).

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think the comment that our game plan could have been better is lame. We just played the 8th ranked team in scoring defense on the road in 10 degree weather.

Robiske has done a fine job and so has Mularkey and Russ Grimm. We don't have a great stable of WRs to air the ball out.

Our run game is well designed with excellent use of the extra OT.

I would not change any of our coaching staff.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We are 8-6 and 5-2 against teams with winning records. Should have won the raider game as well.

We did that with a defense ranked 20th in scoring.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our defense went into that game ranked 20th in scoring. Do you think the defense is carrying this team?

Rank in scoring offense the last 3 seasons.

2014-30th
    2015-28th
    2016-11th

So bash the OC?

You were one of those guys who thought Wiz was an offensive genius weren't you?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  10. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Lol at reading this thread. Classic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar