Mike Mularkey & Terry Robiskie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

if we lose to the colts again everyone is jumping off the bandwagon.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I was not happy with the Malarkey hire at all but I will have to admit that this staff has done a great job with a very young team.

They've changed the culture completely from a soft, weak, losers mentality that would fold at the first sign of adversity with no identity to a hard working, gritty team that plays to win bell to bell whether things are going good or bad. We've seen this team fight back even after adversity to have a chance to win every single week.

They've created a type of play that is both old school smash mouth football combined with a modern aged explosive air it out offense at the same time. It's fun to watch and seems to be getting better every week.

I'm still not 100% sold on whether Mularkey can take us all of the way but I'm hoping that he can and does. Look at it this way, if Kubiac can win a SB after his track record in Houston anything is possible. If JRob can build the pieces, maybe Malarkey can do the same!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Mularkey is doing a better job than I thought, so I will give him credit, but Jon Robinson is the real winner here putting this roster together.

Mularkey's overall strategy is very safe and I will stick by this until he changes (which he's doing a little). He's going to pound the ball, kill the clock, let Lebeau handle the defense, and hope the get enough wins to save his job.

However, he's adopted a bit. He's getting more aggressive on offense. I think the San Diego game may have been a wake-up call for him that Mariota really can lead this offense. We saw a totally different gameplan against the Packers compared to the Chargers. With unleashing Mariota, along with a run game teams have to respect, Mularkey/Robinson may have just created a playoff contender.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I think in several games he has seen up front and personal how other coaches operate and has aped them to a certain extent. Just like SD jumped out on us, he did the same thing to GB. Easier to jump on teams before they get warmed up and into the flow of the game. By the time GB got going, it was too late. We certainly had some breaks go our way in that game, but we were due. There was an atmosphere with them that was jacked. Walker was going insane out there. Even Mariani was doing great. Every time we scored there were a host of Titans in the end zone to celebrate. Even the D played above their head. If we bring this intensity to the Colts we might get a win.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

So I have a questions guys....Is Mularkey a QB whipserer LMAO:

Just saying we all laughed at them for saying and only time will truly tell, but right now...can't deny Marcus is playing considerably better especially on the deep connections and you can start to see him processing when to go for high risk throws and when to throw it away.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

That's not saying much. Any coach in the league would suck with the roster Webster "built." Nobody was working miracles with Sankey and Poutasi lol

7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I actually disagree, the team has been competitive in every game this year. They seem to have changed the culture and mindset of the team. Led the push to give the stadium a face lift which helped change the mindset of the players. The games the team lost really can't be squarely put on the shoulders of the coaching staff (exception probably being the Chargers game, but hey if it's one game I'd take take that). As fans this is the first time in years that we have been excited about the team this deep into the season with a hopeful outlook to next season. Not too mention the 5 wins just tied the win total of the previous two seasons.

Pete Carroll went 7-9 his first year with the Seahawks and the Titans have a chance to win at least two more games. It's fine if many of us fans (not saying that your in this boat but across this forum as a whole) don't want to admit that, we as fans was wrong, and that Mularkey probably was the man for the job that's fine. Everyone has their opinion, doesn't those opinions are right lol.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

21st ranked passing team means not a QB whisperer.

9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Agreed, but the thing about that was he wanted to keep the team in attack mode. Whereas I disagree why he did, I can certainly understand why he did it.

10. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Umm if you looking at only total yards yeah, but #1 QB in the last 6 weeks with 17 TDs and one of the highest QBR over that span says maybe. (of course minimizing the first 4 games due to an adjustment period needed in a new system).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar