Mike Mularkeys "I cant believe may career might be saved" face

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Bukafax, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I got the impression that Mularkey was wearing the same "how did I get here" face at the presser last night. Whatever happened at the end of the 4th , no-one should forget what went before. A performance like that against the Raiders will have him wearing the same old more familiar face , this time next week.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Welcome to Robiskie calling plays

Hopefully all the kinks get worked out in time to make a run for the AFC South

3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Most coaches get more than one chance. The NFL comstatly recycles coaches. Im not the biggest CMM fan, but to be fair to him he wasnt give fair chances to prove his abiity.
    Also something ive said before, lots of coaches struggle until they get a good qb, hopefully it's the same for him.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

All this may be true... but I have very little faith in our HC.
    We did everything we could to lose, but the Lions were just a little bit better at giving us a chance to win. All those penalties they wracked up went a long way into keeping us in the game.

I am not being a hater, just not doing victory laps after one of the most disheartening games I have ever watched my Titans play. Right up to the last few minutes of the game we looked like rolled off dog poo.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Had Golden Tate caught 1 of those 2 long bombs down the sidelines, it would've been the same ole loser speech.

The speech needed to be along the lines like, "guys we got very lucky today, let's all count our blessings and get better at starting out games". I hate those generic rah rah speeches.

Now let's go out there and take advantage of a weak Raiders defense.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Very true. But past Titans teams would have rolled over down by 12 in the 4th quarter. This team found a way to take it up a notch and it payed off.

Yeah. It shows how far we've fallen to applaud effort but this win was badly needed. All we can hope for is that it gives some players confidence and they don't lay an egg at home the next game as they did after season-opening wins the last two seasons.

7. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

It's obvious that they gave up on him and besides the fact that he wasn't developing as planned, it's also obvious that he wasn't buying into the new culture envisioned by JRob. To just blindly stick it out with a player, any player, who is not coming on board with the culture change in "hopes" that someday he might actually be good is just plain stupid.

You know the old saying, "one bad apple spoils the barrel", right? We've been trying the "draft on potential" route for a number of years now and all it's gotten us is the worst record in the NFL with a team full weak minded, underperformers. I don't know about you but I'm sick of the past results, let's build the team with hard working players that want to be winners and see if that formula works, obviously the DGB's, Jared Cooks, Akeem Ayers, Kenny Britt, Zach Brown...the list goes on and on with "potential" players that we've come up snake eyes on.

Yet there are always fans on here that cry the blues about loosing these scrubs.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly....DGB putting up DGB numbers...2 for 18....It'a also telling considering how many balls the Eagles WR's were dropping last night. I am not sure why people are upset about it. Sure, on paper it looks bad...but clearly it hasn't really hurt us.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

"No more projects" was my slogan this off season, and Im thrilled to see its a real thing with our GM.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Led NFL in Receiving Yards in 1979 (1,237) and in 1985 (1,287).
    Named to Pro Bowl 7 times (1978-1979, 1981 and 1984-1987).
    Ranks 27th on NFL All-Time Receptions List (819).
    Ranks 16th on NFL All-Time Receiving Yards List (13,089).
    Ranks 7th on NFL All-Time Receiving Touchdowns List (100).
    Ranks 39th on NFL All-Time Yards from Scrimmage List (13,172).
    Ranks 18th on NFL All-Time Rushing/Receiving Touchdowns List (101)

Bum Phillips cut this guy during training camp. Who wants this loser?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar