Mike Munchak not ranked 32nd (Yay)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

How many threads have you made today?

3. JCBRAVE

6?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Haha better than we could have hoped for. I still like Munchak and believe he has what it takes to succeed with us this season.

5. JCBRAVE

Last year when this same ranking came out I made my own and had Munchak at 11

The guy knows football, but he simply got caught off guard last year. He even says he didn't manage his time right, said he's much more comfortable doing what he's doing now.

So maybe he lives up to 11 some day. Or maybe he falls flat on his emotionless face and feels no pain and winds up at Pennsylvania Highlands Community College giving courses on how not to play football with Michael Griffin as a tackling dummy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I see Fisher is still about 20 spots too high.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/15/pft-preseason-power-rankings-no-19-tennessee-titans/

These are the only guys I see being a bit optimistic about Tennessee.. Everyone else has us ranked at the bottom of the AFC lol.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I can agree with most of the list, but I think a few were ranked too high:

Shanahan doesn't deserve to be so high IMO ... not anymore. He hasn't done much of anything in a while, and when he did win some SBs, it was with one of the all time great QBs. Sorry, but RGIII won't be that good (even if he is able to stay healthy for his entire career, which I also doubt).

Fisher I think is a little high too ... again, maybe at one point Fisher was a ~top 10 coach, but I don't think he still is. I would put him more of middle of the pack. Most of his success came over a decade ago, and has done little since.

2 things wrong with Chuck Pagano ... 1st of all, he should be lumped with the other rookie HCs at the bottom (all rookie HCs should be tie for last IMO) since he really didn't coach last year. Maybe put him one spot above the rookie HCs. And 2nd of all ... How can he be ranked ABOVE Arians???? Arians did all the work last year.

Jim Schwartz is ranked WAY to high ... he should be close to the bottom IMO. He has a record of 22-42 ... a win pct of only 0.34. He had 1 good season where he made the playoffs in a very weak division, and the rest has been crap. Look at it this way, of his 22 wins, 10 came in one season. The other 3 seasons he has averaged 4 wins. This guy should be near the bottom.

I agree with the Munchak ranking. Munch has had 1 year slightly above average, and one year below. He hasn't had a whole lot to work with, but this year the team should be much more stable (barring injuries) we should get a good feel for Munch as an HC after this year.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

You could make the argument that shanahan was coach of the year last year! No one had them winning the nfc east and most everyone had them ranked as last. Fisher is a 8-8 coach period he has a track record and that is just what he is.

Schwartz is too high but I actually think he is a better hc than a dc. He made that franchise relevant again and that was no easy task. He is about like fisher average nothing more.

John Fox is the most overrated on this list! He is jeff fisher 8-8 coach, that sits on leads. Case in point the reason the broncos really lost to the ravens is him. He gets a lead then hands the ball off up the middle 2 straight series, with a hall of fame qb. Then with 31 seconds to go and a kicker (prater) with a 60 yard leg and PEYTON MANNING his qb takes a knee and plays for OT. He even had time outs!

To me Jason garrett is the worst coach in the nfl. He ices his own kicker and has lost more games than romo has at qb for the cowboys.

10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

This list makes a lot of sense. I would put Munch exactly where they put him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar