Mike Reinfeldt messed up big time this offseason..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

Reading your posts, I could not expect anything different or better.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Then strap on your helmet, tight peach Tshirt and pink tights and take on ballet!

I don't see how you can compare a direct quote from a head coach, and completely void it with your assumption that the same coach is simply trying to be being politically correct or just "simply nice" as you put it.

What I've done with my first post is taken a direct quote and looked for ways to work around it. You, on the otherhand are arguing that it was nothing, and that he made a promise just to be diplomatic.. and that word again.. what was it, yep "nice".

So unless your name is Jeff Fisher, or Mrs. Jeff Fisher, I don't see how you can argue against a direct quote from him, and downplay it as him simply being politically correct.

Here are a couple of quotes for you:

"If VY is to show progress, work hard, and dedicate himself to being starter, then a strong chance still remains that he will one day again start for the Titans"

Can you figure out who said that?
    Nobody. Not MR, not Bud Adams, and sure as hell not Jeff Fisher. I made that quote up to show what politically correct sounds like.

Here's another:

"Vince Young will eventually become the starter again"

Now can you figure out who said that?

I'll give you a hint. His first name is short for Jeffery, and last name is that of someone who likes to fish. He's the longest tentured head coach in his sport, and the team he coachs is in a State North of Georgia, and South of Kentucky. And no, he doesn't coach ballet.

:biglaugh:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Come on, Pitbull, are you just ignoring my arguments to only answer the weak ones?

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

lol.. to be honest I flew through the thread and didn't notice the post you're referring to.. I'll go back and look for it now.

5. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

For somebody afraid of the word "nice" you are a bit melodramatic, aren't you? :whoop:

6. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Hey Pit, just messing with you. Besides other people seem to be longing for your attention.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

He does appear to have handled it well, (well not from a personal standpoint anyway).. but the fact that Vince isn't out there bashing the team and asking for a trade tells me that he has the pieces in the right places and is handling things smoothly. Just look at the drama revolving around Gay Cultler and his previous Broncos... In the same time, you have to wonder what has been told to Vince to keep him all smiles about the sitution and take it like a champ. If I was a QB who pulled myself out of a game, and pouted for an entire season before that and as a result demoted to backup QB, i'd sure as hell be worrying about where my prior actions will be leading me, and the last thing I'd be thinking is that I might be starter again sometime in the near future for that same team. The only way I'd feel that way is if I've been promised something. Now the last thing I want is someone (ASUS) responding to this post questioning how on earth I could base an argument on what could have or could have not taken place behind closed door.. so for that reason I'll drop that assumption and just stick to what was told to the public..being "Vince Young will eventually become the starter again".

I also find it interesting that you quoted Fish on this:

"I believe that Kerry has every intention of coming back. And if he comes back, for all intents and purposes, he's our starter, and Vince waits."

See.. the way I'm interpreting that (and the only way I can imagine it being interpreted) is "Despite all that has happened, VY is going to start this season. However, if Collins chooses to return (most likely), he'll be made starter and Vince will have to wait" Now seriously.. I don't know about you, but if I was VY in that situation, I'd be happy to hear that despite all that has happened in the past, I am still the starter... bling bling :greedy: Nonetheless, if KFC returns, then I'll just have to wait until his old butt retires (to become starter).. However, I remain the future starter!

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

All's fair in love and war.. ;)

9. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

:beer2:

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ah, the delicate dance that Fisher weaves!

Why is it a big deal that Vince is the "future starter"? Who else would be? Yes, we could have re-upped Simms, but that's unlikely. If it were condensed into one word, it would be an oxymoron to tell Young that he's the starter, unless the real starter comes back. How far can you fall, while remaining on the team? I also think that Young is playing it low because he really doesn't have any other good options. I think this level of "commitment" from Fisher, both publicly, and whatever has been said in private, is really just a matter of PR and damage control, allowing them to delay making a final decision until Young has had more time to show what he may or may not show. Well played, I say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar