Breaking News Mike Reinfeldt out!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You get what you give Alex.

2. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

THANK GOD. WE NEED TO RID OURSELVES OF THESE SEAHAWK CASTOFFS. **** REINFELDT. HIS DRAFTS SUCKED AND IM GLAD HIS ASS IS OUT. GTFO MIKE

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm curious to know just how much influence and or say so Reinfeldt actually had over personnel and draft decision making. I can't help but feel like he was just the fall guy here.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well being that Ruston Webster was new to the GM thing, and Mike Munchak has no clue, I'd say Reindfeldt had his hand in most day to day activities.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Fake fan? I was sitting in the seat I pay $170 to sit in every home game, the same seat I'll be in next year and the next, last Sunday cheering for the Titans until the clock hit zero, savoring all of my last few seconds at LP Field for the season. Happy New Year, Francis.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You're not that dumb. Surely?

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So then you admit you made up everything you said regarding my opinions?

Thanks, that is all I really wanted.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

me is no dumb. protein

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

From Tennessean.com:

"While we’re at it, don’t blame Reinfeldt for the Titans’ spotty drafts since his arrival in 2007. In the first four drafts on his watch, then-Coach Jeff Fisher had the final word on personnel matters, including draft picks. It was Fisher that coveted second-round pick Chris Henry and third-rounder Paul Williams in ’07 and third-round pick Rennie Curran in ’10, among others.

After Fisher left town, Reinfeldt ran his own draft board in 2011 and scored four current starters with the first four picks that year (Jake, Ayers, Casey, C-Mac, as well as Harper, Klug, Stingly, Clayton, Tommie). Ruston Webster took over last year’s draft after Reinfeldt was kicked upstairs."

That is actually a pretty darn good draft class. If Jake materializes into a good QB, it might be considered excellent down the line.... That means he hit with 1-4, 6, and 7 rounders.

If Lock sucks, then that changes things quite a bit. Regardless, we still need more time to evaluate the class, but from the looks of it, it could easily be worse. I was surprised when I read that it was Fish who pulled the trigger on those bad picks (in '07 and '10)- we debated that couple times here over who's fault it was....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar