Mike Tyson's Daughter's Tragic Death

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Story

It's an absolute outrage that no one was watching this girl... Mike was too busy off in Vegas, and the mother obviously didn't give a damn about where her daughter was. Unbelievable.

Horrific parenting cost this young girl her life. Such an easily avoidable death, and that makes it all the more saddening and disturbing.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

that is some sad stuff. a child dieing is never a good thing. EVER!

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I find it hard to damn anyone here. You can't blame Mike for being in Vegas, people sometimes have to travel away from home to make money.
    And the mother, well you can't watch a child 24 hours a day. You might fault them for not having their house "child proofed" by having that cord where it was. But this is the kind of thing that could have happened to anyone, anywhere.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

It was an accident. It would have been almost impossible to see it coming. But, just because it's Tyson, he's gonna be vilified.

Funny, no one blamed Eric Clapton when his 4 year old fell to his death out of an open window in his apartment building in New York. There was much more negligence then than in this case, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have to disagree a little bit. I understand that people have to travel... my dad is out of town almost every other week.

I somehow doubt that Mike Tyson had to be in Vegas. It's Vegas, and it's Mike Tyson.

That's pretty poor parenting if you ask me. I do some babysitting for my step mom's young daughters (my half sisters) who are 5 & 3 years old. They never leave my sight. That's the number one rule with smaller children. You just never know.

Nonetheless, it's a tragedy, and my thoughts and prayers go out to Mike Tyson and his family.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I too have a 4-year old daughter. God help me if something similar were to happen to her. This is a horrible day for Tyson's family already troubled by other things. I hope other families learn from Tyson's tragedy. Hopefully that little girl didn't suffer to badly. Very very sad day for anyone who came across this story.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ridiculous. Mike Tyson has made most of the money that he's been able to make since getting out of prison in Vegas. He's fought through them, and done a ton of promotional deals. While we don't know what he was doing on this occassion, it's silly to assume that he was doing anything other than making a living.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Tyson's livelihood is Vegas.. Even if he was there for fun is it not allowed for a parent to vacation?

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He was in Vegas on promotional commitments for a movie he's appearing in according to British press.

I presume the movie is 'The Hangover'.Out in a couple of weeks and set in Vegas.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's what I was going to say.

If I have a wife and a 4-year old daughter, am I not allowed to take a vacation? What if my buddy is getting married and it's bachelor party trip to Vegas? "Oh sorry man, I have a 4-year old, so I'm not allowed to go out of town."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar