Mike Vick saving animals now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again... you can't explain why, so cut the nonsense.

• Boring Boring x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

In my book modern hunting, dog-fighting, rodeo etc. are all animal-cruelty for entertainment purposed.
    Yes, there are some exceptions like killing off predatory coyotes on your property etc. and old-school living off the land exceptions, but if you are able to drive to the store for beer you can also meet your food needs at the store.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

To me... It's an odd mentality to decide "Hey, let's go kill something!" and hunting is done for sport. For fun. A lot of people eat the meat, but they're not hunting for the meat. They're hunting for thrill.

Personally, I can't decide to kill anything. Sometimes with bugs, but even as I get older that feels unnecessary.

So people killing just for fun... brain doesn't get that.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I have zero issues with hunting/fishing as a sport.

Not my thing but there are too many beautiful forrest rats running around as it is. Hunting the numbers down some is OK by me.

Fishing is not my thing either but catching what you catch with normal gear seems sporting to me.

My one thing is people should eat the meat. If only the 'trophy' is collected that just seems senseless to me.

[​IMG]

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

It is a sport IMO

When I was a kid a hunter was lucky to get 1 deer a season and everyone knew cause of the constant bragging - LOL

Today there are urban forrest rats. That was unheard of 40 years ago.

My point is hunting is seen as a sport by the people who partake. Sure they obviously enjoy their sport also

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

In the broad sense, I would agree. But to act like they're the "same thing" as DW seems to be arguing is pretty ridiculous imo. There are certainly different degrees of cruelty. And to me anyway, shooting a deer for sport and making dogs viciously fight to the death (much less drowning/hanging/electrocuting them) are quite different things.

To be clear, I've never hunted a day in my life. But you can at least attempt to make an argument for the legitimacy of hunting (regardless of how disingenuous that argument might be). Meanwhile dog fighting is done purely for money and bloodlust.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

No doubt prolonged torture then death is worse than an abbreviated death.
    I still can't find an argument for pure sport hunting though. It's just killing for jollies.

Speaking of: Here's a couple of douchey Trumps killing animals.
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Deuce Wayne

I'm not saying they're the "EXACT" same. I'm just saying you're a hypocrite if you kill for fun then act like someone else is a terrible person for doing it.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

uuuuuuhhhhh........ that is nuts

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not gonna lie I do not at all understand the hunter mentality

I probably never will

But I do view it as a sport. The more primitive the weapon used the more sporting. I would even approve of elephant hunting, and I love elephants, if they were hunted barehanded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar