Military People

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ever ride around in a Blackhawk?

how did you find the whole experience of being in the Navy?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am interested in intelligence. Heck if I can't show intelligence atleast i can work in it. :brow:
    But I think I would have to work my way from the ground up to get into intelligence.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Oh and if you ever saw Bat21 with Hackman and Glover. When the plane went down and Hackman punched out, those dudes in the back that had to ride the plane all the way down to a smoking hole were ELINT folks - lol

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

okay...that won't be happening now. :ha:

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Gunny, I flew mostly in what they called Huey's, it is more of a workhorse type craft than a blackhawk. If you ever see shots or movies from the viet nam era most of those were huey's. I also was back seat qualified for the A-4, A-6 and once got to ride back seat in a A-10 or "worthog" as they call them. They are the tank killer planes, not much to look at but and fly's low and slow but packs plenty of firepower including a nose mounted 50 cal gun. I liked my time in the service, spent most of it in a place that at the time hardly nobody had heard of, Guantanimo Bay, now of course everyone knows the name. I also was in Nevada at a sleepy little Naval Air Station called Fallon, it is where the Navy sends pilots to get really, really good or die trying, and sometimes they do both.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My Father was in the Air Force for 20 years. I don't think I would ever do it, but I don't think my dad regrets it. I honestly believe that war is the highlight for these guys. IF you survive something, and do not come away scarred, it's a real life experience and brotherhood that you can't experience anywhere else. Except maybe in sports. There's something to be said for that, but the everday stuff, I think can wear you down.

As far as being a kid and growing up in it. There is some good and bad as you can imagine. You never really have one set of friends cause you are always on the move. But the good is that you are not afraid to travel and leave home, and you become quite adept at fitting in and meeting new people. Kids will pretty much be kids, but that is one reality the children will face.

I would think the wife is lucky, that the comrodary in the military helps her make new friends once they settle in, but imagine it is tought to pick up and leave just when you get settled. And probably tough on being close to the family too. Not really sure.

8. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

USAF,355TFS, Night Hogs
    You can thank my wing for the removal of 987 tanks, 926 artillery pieces, 500 APC's, 1,106 trucks from this planet, plus placing an untold number of souls on the express train to meet with 72 virgins.

My advice would be to slant yourself with an expertise as a linguist, and if that is not interesting to you I subsequently specialized in cartography and hi-res recon imaging analysis. Multi-linguals are in high demand, and I'm not talking Spanish here either.

9. Yeah, if you know Mandarin or Farsi, you can be employed forever by the government...

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Thank the Elint guys for telling ya where to point your fancy cameras - lol

Elint tells em where to point the cameras then the photo boys get all the glory cause they can produce pretty pictures instead of heaps of numbers - lol

Good Job Don, always fun to help the bad guys start their permenant dirt naps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar