Military People

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

but whose counting right? :brow:

i have looked at Geospatial imagery actually.

2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I drove an M1A1 back in the day. I did the three country tour in Desert Storm. I scored high enough on my ASVAB to do almost anything but they showed me a tape of a tank going airborn and I was hooked. I loved the sight of the 120mm gun going off at night with the Ma Duece and 240s singing backup.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gotta love how well trained the military is that people here have gone and come back unharmed and unscaithed...well except Overalls who became a Texan fan :brow:

4. Funny story. My father was in the army during the development of the M1A1 and he worked on it in a non-technical capacity. He had Secret clearance and wrote a paper about something. He went back a few hours after submitting it to rewrite part of it, but it had been bumped to Top Secret clearance. He wasn't even allowed to read the paper that he wrote himself just hours after handing it in...

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

gots to have the clearance and a need to know...

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

We wrote a new definition to "plow the road". Flew tons of CAS, and quite a few CSAR ops, mostly for the Brits in their Tornados, at night. The pucker factor was high.

We may not be pretty, but if you were a trooper on the ground there was nothing in the air more beautiful than a Hog.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Talking A-10 Warthog right?

If so Awsome engineering. Basically a cannon with a plane wrapped around it. Composite engineering allows it to basically be shot out from under the pilot and still be flyable back to base.

I love that gun ship the USAF used in Fallujah right after the bad guys bravely attacked US civilian contractors. That thing would just ruin your day if you happened to be at the working end of it - lol Computer controlled chaos.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what are CSAR ops?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Combat Search And Rescue Operations

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man you guys have all the good ones.

Marines, SEALs, CSARs, Green Berets, etc.

We got the SAS and Commandos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar