Millen removed as Lions team president, CEO

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by teegee, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teegee

teegee Guest

Matt Millen Reportedly OUT as Detroit President/GM

Foxspots.com and local Detroit radio station both reporting that Matt Millen either resigned or was fired (no one is sure which) late last night.

Even though I couldn't really care less about the Lions my reaction is still "Hallelujah!!!". I have been amazed how he's managed to hold onto his job for this long, considering how mismanaged and pathetic that team has been since he got the position.

He was a good player and a good broadcaster (a position I think he should go back to now), but boy did he stink at being a GM.

It'll be interesting to see if the Fords will now actually hire someone who has a clue -- not to mention experience -- in how to handle player persoannel moves and run a team.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good for them, they can end their years of disfunctionality... just not until after thanksgiving...

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Happiest day of my life!

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

The Matt Millen era is reportedly over in Detroit. More...

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

wow - Armageddon is near!?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Matt millen created, formulated and built a football team that was the opposite of what he was as a player.

They have been the least physical team in the nfl during his tenure save maybe the 49ers. Terrible!

The firing came 2-3 years too late..

If they have any sense at all they would be calling floyd reese.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Bout time. Who knew that John Kitna wasn't a franchise QB?

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

he's not? :sarcasm:

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wouldn't even mind if they hired George W to be the GM at this point. We suffered with Millen far too long. Just a couple years ago they even gave him an extension. Who knows why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar