Mind blowing stats by Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Seeing McNair and Bironas mentioned was nice, miss those guys...

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ugh both situations are still so sad and hard to think about. I hope the franchise doesn't have to deal with that type of loss again in a long time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ugh

NFL.com Illustration
    -7 Yards Passing
    The 2009 season was a record-setting one offensively for the Titans - in both a good way and a bad way. The good: Chris Johnson became just the sixth player in NFL history to rush for 2,000 yards. The bad: In Week 6 at the Patriots, the Titans had -7 passing yards in a 59-0 blowout loss -- the worst defeat in franchise history. Quarterbacks Kerry Collins and Vince Young combined for 2 completions and 2 interceptions. The first completion went to RB Ahmard Hall for 15 yards. The other went for a 22-yard loss by Nate Washington. -7 is the fewest gross passing yards by a team in a game since at least 1950 - as far back as STATS can check.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I remember it being -7, but how did Nate get credited with a -22 yard reception? How is this even possible?

I'm curious how I missed this and what exactly Nate did there. Lol I watched that whole game, sadly enough. It was like a train wreck... just couldn't look away.

Also was very surprised to see we only had 55 passing yards against Buffalo. I knew we didn't have much going for us on offense that game, but I had no idea it was THAT bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

And also... Both mind-blowingly stupid and very preventable, if those two had any sense.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Surprised they didn't mention that we set two other NFL playoff records... Both against the ****ing Ravens.

In Jan 2001, we out-gained the Ravens by 180 yards and lost. No losing team had out-gained their opponent by that many yards in the history of the playoffs.

Then in Jan 2009, we managed to break our old record, out-gaining them by 183 yards in a loss.

This team, I swear...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would rather have not known this...

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He had 76 yards passing. Unless they included sacks for loss in it?

I was just checking out the stats for that game and typical Fisher on the MCM:

"As Titans coach Jeff Fisher disclosed, the objective of the play was not to achieve a touchdown, but to have Dyson advance the ball into the range of Al Del Greco, the Titans’ placekicker."

#9 Gunny, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I remember they asked both coaches after the Super Bowl what they would have done if Kevin Dyson had scored the TD to tie and they won the toss.

Vermil said he would have stayed aggressive with the passing game and gone for the TD.

Fisher said he would have hammered away with Eddie George until he got into field goal range and attempt the FG at the first opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar