Missing pieces of the puzzle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A 2nd and a 5th won't get you a 1st. a 2nd and a 5th gets you a marginally better 2nd...

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I still think a playmaking WR is a void

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we have plenty of WRs, but very few of them are any good. some people like quantity, i prefer quality.

4. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

thnom...

Ben Watson was the first TE on our draft board, Period. We were going to grab him, the Pats got to him first. The Pats knew Troupe was dumb as a box of rocks and knew they had to get Watson. Besides Watson was alot faster then Troupe, thus the reason they jumped on him.

Larry Johnson was going to be the replacement for Eddie George, most of the world thought we would go RB in the first. Kiper said it would be Johnson or Suggs because everyone knew how bad Fisher depended on the running game. We took Woolfolk as a reach, which was the worst mistake I think Reese has made.

Now on to those who said we dont need a WR. Well all I will say is its the same most needed postion that JOHN McCLAIN said we needed as late as yesterday on the radio. I call that credible info.

Now on to how we get multiple picks 1st round picks. You package your 1st and 2nd rounder next year for a 1st rounder this year. Maybe throw Piller or someone else in somewhere to get them off our books and grab a pick. Then if need be trade as many 2nd day picks as you can to move up as high as possible. You may not end up with three first rounders, but you can end up with 2 first rounders and still have a 2nd rounder this year. Actually its not as far fetched as most of you think, thus the reason Mike Keith has mentioned tradeing up as of late. Im just adding the twist of tradeing next years picks for one this year if they have someone they really like.

Reese has always been a guy that wants as many picks as he can get, but if he's in a situtaion where he doesnt need 11 rookies he will make moves. But we dont even know if Reese is going to be here... Fisher may be makeing all the draft day calls this year and Im kinda welcoming it. But it still scares me in a way.

Think thats it in a nut shell.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are judging our WR's with a first year QB throwing to them? Let's use some logic here. If you haven't noticed that in the last 5 weeks things have improved, then I can't reason with you. It takes a while to get chemistry going with receivers, and we are already starting to see that happen. Vince is also playing much better, and his throws have become more on target. You want a "playmaking" WR? Drew catches a pass in triple coverage and scores against the Colts. Jones catches one Sunday, makes a great move at the 12 and takes it in. Wade gets loose while Vince is scrambling and takes another one in. Explain what is wrong with the receivers we have now, and why we should waste more money on another one, when we have such glaring needs on defense. I just don't follow the thinking, especially with Givens coming back next year.

6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I think we should give our WR's another year before we decide to bring in a new #1. I think we will see a big improvement with VY spending time with the WR's this off season.

7. Fry

i like what wade brings in the slot and what jones brings on the outside, especially with another year under his belt after the acl. but seriously, what have we seen from roby, williams and orr to make you think we have decent depth? roby wasnt even active for a good portion of the season and orr hasnt even played in a game.

we have no clue what we have in givens. he wasnt a number one in NE and now he has a torn acl that he has to come back from next year(probably not fully recovered by the mid-point of the season)

at this point we dont have a number one WR. we have a couple of twos ,a few fringe guys and an unknown quantity in givens.

8. 10ECTyrant

I do belive BJ will be our #1 next year with DB #2 and Wade as our slot. Im sure we will draft a few WR's with a couple of our 11 draft pics. I just dont think we need to spent $$$$$ on FA or go with a 1st rounder.

9. Fry

im not saying we dont need help on defense, we do. i'm just saying at 22, you need to take the best player regardless of position(aside from the obvious like qb), not need.

when you pick for need you end up with guys like woolfolk, odom, schobel, rich gardner and tony beckham.

we didnt NEED keith bulluck in 2000, but we chose him at 30 anyway.

10. 10ECTyrant

I agree!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar