Missing pieces of the puzzle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I don't know about decent depth, but you can only have so much talent in the bank. Givens is the big question mark, but he was a good receiver in NE, and is proven. So we have 4 WR's that can start and produce, and marginal backups. Just remember some of these guys are young, and it takes time to develop. I just don't see WR as being a huge priority this year.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Do names like Bell, Fuller, Stewart, Scaife, Hill, Tulloch, and Finnegan mean anything to you? Pretty good players right there.

3. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

And we'll still have plenty of picks to get guys like them left using the compensatory picks. btw... How many duds have we picked on the 2nd day that arent in football anymore? Its all a gamble, but the odds are in our favor moving up. I'd rather like the odds of picking studs on day one. We havent done too bad in the past.

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

The Titans have 11 picks in the upcoming draft. "Reading between the lines" from what certain media members arre saying, the Titans don't plan on using all 11 draft picks and are likely to make a few trades here and there to move up in certain spots.

5. We aren't going to have any compensatory picks.

The Titans will try to move up for specific players, not just for the sake of moving up. We'll just have to wait and see who is going to be available before we worry about trading.

6. I'm sure they will, but it's going to be more like trading up 5 spots in the same round than Hellblitzer's idea of getting rid of our entire 2nd day to load up on early picks.

I can even see possibility trading picks for players, perhaps to add a veteran or 2. But that depends on who would be available.

7. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Bingo!

8. I'd be very interested in trading a mid-round pick for Moss. He was a big performer last year in Oakland when he was healthy (with Kerry Collins throwing the ball). Oakland's offense was pathetic this year and he didn't have much of a chance.

Yes, his attitude isn't spectacular, but frankly if you look at his career he hasn't gotten into any major trouble. And if we had a WR as capable a playmaker as he is, it would boost our offense significantly. Vince would have a downfield threat that defenses would have to respect. Not only would we have another major target, but it would open up the field for the other players as defenses had to double Moss.

Really, how could teams double Moss AND key on Vince? Plus, we have more cap room than we probably will be able to spend reasonably on free agents.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Fisher has stated in public that Moss will not play here (with good reason).

10. Never heard that, myself...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar