Missing pieces of the puzzle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Even though we need a better pass rush, I think we need to fix our DB first.. Thats the weakest part on the defense.

Hill & Thompson must not start.. We need better

and a WR.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

And the Matt Millen's of the board keep popping up... "I want a receiver! I want a receiver!" Fix the D and back up the lines, WR is way down the list...

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Finally, some sanity.

4. Nash

Nash Starter

Try to get DE, CB,and TE in free agency ..
    Resign Henry, Smith, Bennett,extend Roos, Stewart, and Bell
    Draft Best player available for rounds 1-6,
    Trade Troupe and all 3 7ths for backup vets at OG and S..

5. Bold statement to say we trade Troupe, I think he's on a very tight rope now though...

1) A Solid DE, via FA or the draft, perhaps a trade?
    -If we have a great d-line, it helps the secondary a lot, we can save a few bucks if don't buy a FA CB like clements or Samuel even though I like both of them, and instead build on what we've got...

2) A great FS via the draft, Nelson and Landry are my favourites, you won't go wrong with them...

3) DT, again, rebuilding the d-line is essiential...

4) A WR with elite potential, perhaps the draft, although, going for a receiver in the 1st round is a risky pick, unless we were talking about CJ, but he won't be there when we draft, and it isn't a huge enough priority to trade up and get...

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:thumb:

Thats all i want for christmas..
    and my next 5 birthdays

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I say DE is the absolute number 1 priority. I'm so sick of hearing,

"Garrard drops, he rolls right, he turns around and runs left, now he comes back to the right and throws across the field......"

or even worse

"Manning takes the snap, he has time, he shuffles to the right, he steps up, Manning with all day to throw........."

I think the pieces to our secondary might already be here, we've just got to use them. Fuller has been hyped up by the coaches for the last two years, I want to see if we have something there. And I think Lowry deserves a chance too. (See Lowry's hit on Harrison. Our D needs a mean streak like that.) I'm also not ready to give up on Hill yet. I think he has played better these last few weeks, and if we can find someone to help him with technique, I think the talent is there. Also, Tulloch must be the starter at MLB next year. He's looked pretty good in my opinion.

On offense, I do think wide receiver is a concern. With Givens likely out for at least half of next year, we need to address this. I expect a lot out of B. Jones next year too. He's been solid this year, coming off of the ACL injury. I expect him to explode next year. We need to be drafting O-Line for the future in this next draft too. Olson and Mawae both will need to replaced before long, and we need have guys who've been around a year two before they start.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

:thumb:

9. Millen's problem isn't so much that he kept drafting WRs in the 1st round. It's that he drafted too many bad WRs in the 1st round...

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hmmm......they did interview Schwartz for the HC gig .......
    maybe ........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar