Missing pieces of the puzzle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd still pay for Thomas. I considered Smith, but he's considered 2nd tier. I'd go for best upgrades possible first.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I have really tried to like Swartz, but I will tell you, that stupid scheme of his to rush three is the dumbest move. We got toasted for a TD the last time we did it. Fortunately that was the last time he ran that call. It was obvious to most everyone yesterday that Lossman doesn't handle pressure well, and the times we did go after him, he failed, especially on that 3rd and short where they settled for a FG. I don't know how things can be so obvious to those watching the game and so beyond comprehension for those coaching it. Gerrard did the same thing to us when we rushed three. Those that don't learn from the past are destined to repeat the same mistakes.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

someone is becomimg a non-believer.

[​IMG]

4. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Well heres the real deal. We need offensive pass catchers. A stud do it all TE, and a real #1 WR.

1st Id trade all the picks this coming year that we can trade and go up and get three first rounders that can help this team and VY asap. We dont need 11 maybe's picks, we need studs.

1st.... Id like to see a Stud Wr drafted high, like top 5 pick. Calvin Johnson would be the guy. Also get a super stud DE in a top 10 pick.

2nd.... get Samuals from the Pats to cover the other side of the field.

3rd.... Get Gonzalas from the Chiefs

4th.... Resign Henry, Bennett, Long, and Smith.

We have to get this done, its a must.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

trade all picks to get three 1st rounders.

two things.

1. That is totally stupid

2. We have NO chance at getting 3 first rounders.

6. even if we were to get 2 first rounders, i would want it like calvin johnson, reggie nelson

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We'll be picking around 16 so far. We'd have to trade a whole lot to move up for Johnson, never mind getting back into the first round twice. Mortgaging the future would be part of the equation. It creates holes while attempting to fill them, and it's still no guarantee of victory. See teams as diverse as Washington and Indianapolis (many studs but no balls).

8. Fry

actually, believe it or not, we're picking at 22 right now(after week 16)

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

With a defense ranked last, we aren't picking a WR first. One minute people are posting how good Vince's passing rating is, the next calling for a WR. If we don't fix this defense, you can have 5 probowl receivers and it isn't going to win games. Just ask Cincinatti.

10. Fry

frankly, at 22 you pick the BPA, whether that be WR, DE or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar