Missing pieces of the puzzle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

The Titans are badly missing an outside linebacker who can play the run, plug the holes, and come off the end in blitzing situations. We just do noty have that type of player on the outside. Bulluck is poor agains the run and is not as solid in pass protection as he was a few years ago.

I move Bulluck to a team needing OLB depth for a draft pick. Move David Thornton over to his natuarl spot, which Bulluck has been playing. We need a beast on the outside.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I'd say either of the two defensive positions, but I'd take a stud TE.

.....and no, we don't have one.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

We absolutly have TOO upgrade our Defense. If we do that...and add a stud WR we will be contenders.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

another excellent point.

FR goes to Indy each spring and develops all these man-crushes seeing all those athletes in shorts and T-shirts - ENOUGH!

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Give me Quinn Pitcock or Okoye because we can get a DE like Jarvis Moss or maybe Spencer in round 2. No Spencer is not to small because Kearse was small to but put on some weight andkept his speed which we could do with Spencer and he will be a stud and sack artist we need.Moss is the same way a lot of potential and is coming along wll this year.

then address WR or MLB with a guy like Higgins or Gonzo if he's still there (doubtful) but theres always a lot of WR with potential and in round 3 you can find a good one.

Day 2 find a MLB who can start like Oscar Lua if Tulloch can't get it done. The get o-line depth and a Saftey with Potential if Lowry and Fuller falter.

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

as for A. Thomas- I agree with Deion Sanders when he says, "Don't ever list a players age, unless he gives reason to."

7. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Ok Gunny why is it so stupid? In years past we have traded and went up to get who we wanted. There were also years when we played the draft too conservative and we missed big time by waiting, example Larry Johnson/Ben Watson!

We need two offensive playmaker/pass catchers. We need them now! Not in two years. We need an immediate impact player. Why would we want to wait another year to give VY what he needs to win. We all wonder what would have happened if Mcnair had that true go to WR before Mason. Do we really want to torture Young by not giving him a true go to guy? Now's the time, it takes time to get chemistry down.

Now onto the draft, why do we need 11 rookies? We have to pick the ones the NFL gives us, they aren't tradable. So why not take the ones we can trade and get whatever we can for them? I see us getting another 1st rounder, if we package some picks right. Then using what we have to move up If need be. Actually I would mortgage the future to get 2-3 fist rounders this year, were still one of the youngest teams in the NFL, we don't need to get any younger.... right? If we draft studs this year, they will be that much better then who we will probably draft next year.

Besides, Buds not getting any younger.... I see it happening.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it wont happen, plain and simple.

9. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

And it might not, but Why not, it makes no sense in it not happening. Unless we go out and make a huge spalsh in FA, its the only way we can load up and get the talent we need.

Kinneys gone... were going to need a stud TE. Unless Gonzalas is willing to come to Tn, were drafting a TE on the first day. Right?

We have no idea if Bennett will even want to come back, and from what he's told me Im not so sure he'll be back. And Givens, who we have no idea will ever play again. So that leaves Jones, Roby and Wade. Wades a FA so he may not be back. Roby's a disappointment so far and Jones, well were still waiting. Think about it Calico showed alot of promise too after injury he didnt ammount to shiet.

Were going to have to upgrade the DE spot, its going to almost have to be a first rounder.

So the way I see it we need a minimum of two first round picks, and we need them this year.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it makes no sense in mortgaging the future for one year's draft. this draft really isnt even all that great.

think about what you're saying. to get the best WR we would need a top five pick. to get the best DE we would need a top five pick. that's four top 6 picks in three years. you eventually have to sign these guys to contracts again(assuming they're any good), do you have any idea how bad our cap would be?

calico showed no promise after injury, while jones has become vince's go to guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar