Missing pieces of the puzzle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Ok, how about a this. We get as many first dayers as we can. It also makes no sense to draft guys that will never make the roster. We dont need 11 rookies, we need 6 that can make a difference.

2. Early picks are great and all, but if you just give away all your day 2 picks you loose a lot of worthwhile players. Finnegan, Scaife, Bell were all 5th round or later picks over the last 3 years...

I'm all for trading up some, but we aren't going to overdo it.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We have a lot of extra picks this year due to Volek and McNair. If there is a "can't miss" DE out there, I would be all for trading up for that one player. That is the most glaring need on this team. The rest of the holes can be filled with talent evaluation and taking the best player at the time of the pick. The FA market is going to be bloated, especially with the mediocre draft this year, and I hope we don't break the bank in that area.

4. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

But see thats just it, it's impossible to trade away all your 2nd day picks. Some of them arent tradeable. We trade away our regular 2nd day picks and keep the ones we get extra, the compensatory picks. This way we'll be able to get the best possible player left on the board and still get multiple 1st or
    2nd round picks.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How do you propose we get two more 1st rounders then?

It is not happening.

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Please don't mention "big-time players" and "conservative" when mentioning Larry Johnson. He wasn't ever set to be anything.

He was 3rd on the depth chart behind Priest and Blaylock before they both went down injured. He's from Penn State which doesn't exactly have a long history of offensive players, etc, etc. He's literally exploded.

Ben Watson was behind Ben Troupe on most people's TE lists. Patriots find there kind of players and they took Watson before Troupe, and its suited them down to the ground with troupe regressing this year, but neither players were home runs. Ben Watson was the fastest TE in that year, speed doesn't always equal success.

In terms of what we need in comparison to the 2006 draft:

We need a Mario Williams or Tamba Hali at DE.
    We need a Marques Colston or Santonio Holmes at WR.
    We don't need Vernon Davis at TE, just someone who's reliable, a David Thomas.
    A Michael Huff or Donte Whitner at Safety would do nicely, along with an Antonio Cromartie or Tye Hill at CB.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

give team A your second and fifth for their first and then give team B your third and fourth for thier first. That's three first round picks. Doesn't sound like a very good idea but it's kinda fun to think about.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

? didn't LJ lead the nation in rushing when he came out ? - KC picked right in front of us and I was praying they'd skip him so that we'd pick him (which would have been a HIGH probability)

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if I were Gonzo, I'd love to come to TN and catch Vince-rockets

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We have plenty of WR's, we aren't going to take another one, especially the way Wade and Jones have come on. Bennett most likely will resign, Givens will be back and we have Orr.
    Hartsock looks OK at TE for blocking, and he can catch when necessary. I don't believe they have given up on Troupe yet either, and we know Scaife is fine.
    We are going after Defense, you can bet your bottom dollar. DE end is a must, and probably another corner. Finnegan to safety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar