Mistakes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

The Colts game was easily winnable if it weren't for bonehead mistakes throughout the game. It reminded me of some of our pre-bye games.

1) Nate's drop of a sure TD pass.
    2) Britt stopping on a route/VY throwing a pick.
    3) Brown's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty at the end of the half.
    4) Amano's holding inches away from the goal line.

Even with Harper's terrible play we could have easily been in the game at the end. We could have had 2+ more touchdowns and the Colts should have had one less FG. That's a 17 point swing if we had made the most of our opportunities.

I'm pretty disappointed with the outcome, but at the same time I'm pretty optimistic for the future of the team. Our offense moved the ball really well throughout the game and our defense did well in stopping Manning when we didn't give him the ball on our side of the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

What was frustrating, is that we didn't need a perfect game to win. We are a pretty good team, but we simply beat ourselves today.

3. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

THATS THE WORST PART lol!

The colt's didn't really even DO anything. We shot ourselves in the foot over and over :rolleyes:

And we have a decent O squad but they REALLLLLLLLLLY need to work on the red zone. Looks like we have major problems once we don't have lots of field space & we lack TD production. Come on guys!

I still say that the Nate drop was a HUGE momentum killer...that was PURE TD.

4. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

i am pretty sure the colts beat the titans today

not sure what game you watched but it wasnt the titans vs the titans

5. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

So the drop by a wide-open Nate was good defense?
    And the bobble/fumble by Hall was good defense?
    And the wide open Garcon (covered by Harper) was good offense?
    And the 4th and goal at the 1 horrible play call was good defense?
    And the horrible 4 guys to tackle a pathetic RB like Addai was good offense?

You're giving your team too much credit buddy.

6. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

I think this was a good learning experience

7. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Lessons learned:

1) Don't depend on Nate

2) Give Brown a pacifier

3) Its football not dance dance revolution.......don't do a little spin then fumble LOL

4) Just tech foul Peyton and take the fine........I'm sick of hearing his gobbedly gook nonsense.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Why did we quit using Lendale at the goal line? get the hell over yourself Jeff..I'm still OK with firing him after this year, always have been.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Lendale really must have pissed in someone's cereal. He's not just being underutilized- he's being completely neglected. He looked like he gained about 6 yards per carry today... yet we didnt use him where he's the best? Yet another player Fisher refuses to play even though he has ability.

The Colts played DISCIPLINED today. That's the difference. We're simply not well coached, which is why we beat ourselves. Some of the play calls leave the players with no choice but to fail also.

10. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Knock off this crap about the Colts not beating us guys. That's just sour grapes. Sure, we turned the ball over, but most of them were at least forced to a degree, and even if they weren't, it still reeks when fans and players try to act like the other team didn't beat them.

On another note. I wonder why we don't use the option more with VY and CJ. Especially on that one drive where a penalty backed us off the 2 yd line. I was wanting some kind of bootleg roll out option type of play. I really did not like the play calling today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar