Mitchell's Report on roids in MLB

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:eek: That is a scary scary thought. Why do you believe that?

I've always thought people that use/used steroids for athletic purposes are pathetic. I'd hate to think that's the way the sports world will become.

I've never really liked baseball. I'd say I would support MLB less in the future, but I don't think that's possible so I'll just keep on not watching like always.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why would you think in 25 years steroids will be an approved substance? Heck in 25 years we might have data to prove these things really do screw your body up.

Besides, the issue IMO isn't if steroids shouldn't be legally prescribed to say help a player recover from injury but obviously the players that were using were exceeding recommended dosing levels. I do think there are medicinal uses for roids but simply using them to enhance performance should remain illegal IMO.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Currently, the data is that they screw up your body. And I believe them. But you are talking about human nature here. Steroids have in general two incredibly powerful properties, they heal, and they enhance your body. That is a sellable combination. And it should be, because there is nothing wrong with that. In less than 25 years they will develop steroids and programs that work such that they are not harmful. It's pretty much inevitable. Yet they will still enhance. Sports have never denied things that enhance ability, unless they are harmful, and as soon as these drugs become a healthy thing to do, they will be approved on a wide scale and by all sports.

Many other things and drugs enhance performance now. The key is that they are not harmful. Lifting weights helps. Taking an IV helps, Taking aspirin helps, watching video helps, wearing better shoes helps, having wristbands help, wearing cooler clothes helps, and all that. It never ends. So if steroids are a perfectly healthy thing to do in life, they will be ok to use for sports too. I suspect in less than 25 years that will be the case. Times change.

The most interesting thing about all of this will be how this group of folks will be looked at afterward. Will they be considered groundbreakers, or cheaters. Still very debateable in my opinion. Jackie Robinson used to be hated too, but now he is considered a groundbreaker. And sure. People will say that is a horrible comparison, but it's not, because the emotions are exactly the same during that era as they are now. It was major change in talent level that nobody wanted to accept.

I'm just looking at the inevitable here.

When Steroids are in full swing, your natural talents will likely still elevate the best ahtletes. Just as they would now. You still have bad steroid players and good steroid players. There must be a difference there.Some players will be clutch. And others will crumble. The same things we root for today will still be a part of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar