Mixed bag for Stingily in rare start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. With tackle David Stewart inactive because of a shoulder injury, the Titans gave third-year pro Byron Stingily his third career start – and his first this season.

Stingily was clearly beaten on one sack by Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin, but he was also part of a line that helped the Titans churn out 182 rushing yards.

“I’ve still got a lot of stuff I’ve got to work on,” Stingily said. “I can’t be satisfied or think that’s enough. I’ve just got to keep working.”

The Titans want to see what kind of potential they have in Stingily — a sixth-round pick out of Louisville in 2011 – with the possibility that Stewart, a ninth-year pro who battled a number of injuries this season, won’t be back next year.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

At the very least I think he can replace Otto as the OT backup

3. Bostontitan

Bostontitan Starter

We have to sink or swim with this guy ..

I cant stand having guys on this roster that cant play ...if he sucks cut him loose..

We have enough smoke blown up our ass about these guys then find out they cant play ..

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Otto sucks

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. BigTitanFan

BigTitanFan Starter

I agree with JC about Otto. Stingily didn't look that bad today! I think with a little more play time, he could become a decent Tackle. I saw better push with him than I have with Stewart this year. I say give the guy a chance ( leave Otto as a back-up).

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Byron was the least of our concerns today. He honestly didn't look too bad today.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Maybe he could even be a starter

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Jury is out on Stingily. I'm not confident but we should know more after next Sunday.

We might see the Titans draft a LT and give him a season at RT in Roos' final season before sliding him to the left side.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Since we won today, we can be a lot more liberal in who we draft with our 1st round pick.. I can honestly see us drafting an OL in the 1st now.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I remember a time when we didn't have to worry about who and when we drafted OL, they just played well. How many centers have we been through in the past 10 years? And how many were just flat out awful?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar