MLB playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Here are your 1st round matchups...

NYY @ CLE
    CHC @ ARI
    LAA @ BOS
    COL @ PHI

NYY @ CLE ...Victor Martinez, Grady Sizemore, Travis Hafner are real good, but they aren't Arod, Jeter, and Sheffield. They just aren't. The Indians have two Cy Young-caliber pitchers at the top of their rotation, but they aren't Petitte and CLemens. I'll take the Yankees. Yankees 3 Cleveland 2

CHC @ ARI... Everyone is picking the Cubs. They are wrong. Are you kidding. The Diamondbacks have everything. They have Webb who is a virtual shutout. They have Byrnes too. I think Webb is going to get it done. He's really a machine. Arizona 3 Chicago 2

LAA @ BOS... Josh Beckett, Curt Schilling, and Daisuke Matsuzaka. whew. But Schilling is on the down. The Angels counter with Lackey, Kelvim Escobar and Jered Weaver. I like this trio. I'll pick the Angels. Small ball will beat power in a close one. Angels 3 Red Sox 2

COL @ PHI... Strange matchup. Howard can either be on or off. But the Rockies lineup is for real. I like the Rockies. But Rich Hill could be an xfactor. Colorado 3 Philadelphia 0

Some interesting teams this year. I'd bet on the Yankees tho'. That team is loaded. Usually by the first few games you get a better feel for who is going to come out strong. But the Yankees look tough on paper.

The play at the plate: Colorado. I think he might have been safe. It was really close. The catchers foot moves backward and he may have caught the plate during that move. I think the umpire did the right thing delaying the call, because if Holliday moves for the plate he knows exactly how to call it. No way an umpire could make that call correctly tho'. It was just too close. Given that the throw was off, I think you gotta give it to the runner and assume he made the plate. So I like the call. But boy was that close. Great block by the catcher too. He was in perfect position. Hard to Believe the Rockies beat Peavy and Hoffman. The Padres must be stunned.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Well my 2 picks for the WS from before the season started survived to make it to the playoffs & im sticking with them.

Angels & D-Backs.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Cleveland is spanking New York right now. That Yankees pitching staff is in trouble

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So, are you an original Sox fan, or one of those fans that jumped on the bandwagon after they won the World Series in 04?

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Original my boy, ever since 1918 when they won... since the early 90's ... I always loved the underdog (although they really aren't that anymore)... but in all truth I really could careless about baseball.. it's right below golf in boredom

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

wow your 90 years old man?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar