Mlb

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HanniVol Lecter, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

lol As if the Royals have anyone worth a damn.

2. I'll take their farm all day over the Yanks'. That was kinda the point of my post if you'd read.

I get to watch Hosmer, Gordon, Moose, Myers, etc grow up in KC just to be bought by the Yanks in 5 or 6 years. Comprende?

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

OK well you can have their farm system, I'll take the active roster of proven guys. Besides other than Sabathia and Tex we haven't signed any big name free agents. You're just basing your opinions on stereotypes and don't actually pay attention.

4. Lololol you've got to be kidding me. The Yanks gave out like $200 mil in one offseason between CC, Burnett and Tex. Got Arod for dirt because the Rangers were hamstrung and the Yanks could afford him. HE HAS A $275 MILLION CONTRACT.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So yea other than Sabathia and Tex we haven't "bought" any big name players. We're not the only team with 2 big free agents. Just because the Royals are to poor to afford anyone doesn't mean every team is.

6. The Yanks payroll exceeds the second highest by probably 25-30 mil. Nah you don't buy anybody. Lol

Just wait, they'll be needing a 3B and SS soon. Dump Jeter and give Reyes Crawford money this winter? Arod's got a couple years left....just enough time for Longoria to get greedy. Might need to send Montero to Seattle for King Felix and give him an outrageous contract too while they're at it.

I ain't mad at the Yanks, they play by the rules and I'm a capitalist. Just sucks for everyone else that they can make so much money off of $200 seats, $12 hotdogs and bandwagoners all across the country that buy their merchandise.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So resigning our players who are home grown like Jeter, Rivera, Cano is buying players? What about resigning players we've traded for like A Rod or Granderson? No good? That's buying players? No it means we acquired players in a trade or drafted them and simply want to keep them. It's not buying players it's good amateur scouting and good scouting to find players on other teams that would fit in.

Besides... any team could have signed Colon or Garcia and anyone could have traded for Swisher when he was in Chicago but nobody did but us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar