MM8 beefing up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

What does fumbling have to do with going hard in a gym?

He fumbles when he's running around with the ball loose in one hand or doesn't sense the rusher. Not sure bench pressing is going to help that.

I don't know...I'm just going off of quotes I've read from teammates that say Mariota hits tthe gym hard.

You're just jealous because he can out squat you.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I haven't lifted weights in years, but I bet he still can't out lift me

What he needs to do is some curls, bet even you could strip the ball from ol' noodle arm

• Boring Boring x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I'm sure the diet he is on for accelerated bone building might have something to do with it... "Marcus, you need to be eating 55 lbs more pineapple a week.."

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

JCB's Mind: How can I post that I'm stronger than Mariota without making myself sound like a complete narcissist?

Mitch, you fell right into the trap. Smh

• LOL LOL x 9
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Damn it, Mitch

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Maybe he should do squats

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sounds like he needs to do more of these while he's at the gym...

Grip-strength-exercises.jpg

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. 615nick

615nick Starter

Dude ap had a big fumbling issue early on and that dude is/was shredded.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Fumbles for a QB are usually waaaay different than fumbles for a RB. A QB fumbles because he's moving around in the pocket and has guys coming from all different locations and isn't aware that they're coming. I saw Marcus progress a lot in his pocket and field awareness last year.

Anecdotally, there was one play in particular last year that showed his progress where he as he scrambled to his right, instinctively checked his 6 to make sure no one was sneaking up on him to strip him as he ran, and got his eyes back down field quick to make a great throw on the run. That comes from a ton of practice on ball security and field awareness of the rush. It's a very difficult thing for a young QB to master though because they already have a ton on their plate from learning the play book, getting a rapport with the receivers, reading defenses, film on DB tendencies, and just getting comfortable with a massive load of information that is thrown at them.

I fully expect that once he is able to keep some stability in the offense and settle in more, we'll see his turnovers drop even more in both the fumble and interception categories.

That all said, he does need to get a little better at putting the ball away when he pulls it down and becomes a runner.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

he should be doing all the leg workouts there are

not just squats

but I still maintain he needs to stay flexible vs beefing up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar