MMA/UFC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SawdustMan, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Boxing is hard work, I gave that up after finding out you run more than you box.

My wife did krav maga, my son does karate, I just lift heavy things and put them back down, but if I had to pick a martial arts it would probably be Taekwondo as it requires both speed and power. Plus its a high tempo fighting style so I feel it stands the best chance of keeping my interest.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I gave up boxing in March when I broke my hand. Been picking heavy stuff up and putting it back down since.

Strength training is where it's at for me. So easy to stay motivated when you're constantly adding to the weight. It's a much more tangible payoff than other forms of fitness.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Bravey, taekwondo is probably the least applicable to real life martial art there is. I took it for a few years as a kid. Liked it then but definitely would not do it now as a means of self defense.

I've just got back into lifting big time this year (actually posting between sets right now). I'm looking to take some classes soon. Probably will be boxing,BJJ, or Krav Maga. Boxing interests me the most and is something I've always wanted to try. Been tough finding reputable trainers for non outrageous prices the few times I've looked though. KM seems like it'd be the most realistically useful and I've heard/read good things. BJJ is in the mix but interests me the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar