MNF clocked Vince, 46 yards in 4.7 sec

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hellblitzer, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Well, if I remember correctly VY posted about a 4.5 40. I think the fastest I saw for him was 4.48. More interestingly, Michael Huff - his teammate was timed at the combine at 4.34 40. If that wasn't fast enough, Huff also had a 1.51 10 yd sprint....that's Steve Smith fast.

And yes, there was a bet between Young and Huff about who was faster. Huff obviously won BUT had to admit there were times on the practice field where Young took off and Huff couldn't catch him.

Football speed INDEED!

VY plays with tremendous passion and that affects things like breaking tackles or hitting the nitrous on a game winning scramble!

Someone should ask Merrill Hoge where the Titans have been 'hiding' VY the last 3 weeks!!!

Gut

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I could watch that thing over and over again. I wish there was a way to measure his ability to make guys miss, he throws a great fake and he's SO agile...

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

The difference between football speed and sprinter speed is simple. The power associated with the runner. It is real easy for a sprinter who weighs 170 lbs to run a 4.3 40, but if he doesn't have power when you put those extra 30 lbs of pads on that time drops like a rock. His 40 time with pads might drop to around 4.6 or 4.7. A guy with power who runs a 4.5 when you add the extra 30 lbs of pads can compensate to the point that they can still run a 4.5 or at worst a 4.6.

4 guys that come to mind are Bo Jackson, Hershal Walker Earl Campbell, and Ricky Williams. Vince I believe is another guy that fits that mold.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Nice...

EXCELLENT POINT!!!:yes:

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Umm, are you trying to say that someone who's fastest 40 time is 4.5, can maintain that time when given an additional weight, as long as he's a powerful runner?
    If so that just flat out wrong.

The reason you talk about track speed versus game speed, is that on the track you have a straight, even surface, designed, just as your outfit, for running and there's only you and the clock. In the game, you're on an uneven surface, not very likely to have a straight running lane, with an outfit that isn't designed with speed as the primary objective and there's a lot of extra information you need to process (position of other players, etc.).

6. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

I think you have to account for adrenaline also. Your going to run a lot faster on a game winning run with guys chasing you than you would against a stopwatch.

7. exactly, some guys just cant do it on a track but they sure as heck can in a game

8. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

There are just some guys who in game situations that have an extra gear. VY, to this point seems to be one of those guys.

9. i kno a guy who was slow in practice, he never won a race ever(racing with the FBs), and then when he got in a game he could fly, one time the 100m dash state winner broke a run on them and he was about 9 yards ahead of this guy, and he chased him down from behind, it was crazy

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Vince is a football player plain and simple they guy has outstanding football or game speed whichever you want to call it. He flat out runs by guys during the game and make people look silly and once he has a full head of steam he's tough to bring down at 6'5 230.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar