Moats an option

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

this guy did really well couple yrs ago plus he can doulbe up as a return man...which is good.

i would still prefer turner but it semes like they want too much and r not lettin up and if we do get him he will prob want a nice juicy contract..which we also dont give out too much.

moats though is on for like 2 more yrs cheap and will hv to prove b4 we give him a better deal...which i like that ...and will also not cost us much more than a mid pick....n would be good depth

check it out..

MOATS ALSO ON TRADE BLOCK

The Philadelphia Eagles have begun to actively shop third-year running back Ryan Moats, according to a league source. Moats, who has averaged 4.5 yards per carry in his career, is expendable as it seems very likely that the Eagles plan to select a bigger back in the draft to use in the backup role behind Brian Westbrook.

Moats, also a special teams contributor, is a potentially intriguing pickup since he is signed for two more years and would likely be an affordable alternative to teams searching to add a young back with NFL playing experience.

Moats is believed to be worth a mid-round choice in the NFL Draft (April 28-29) if the Eagles can find a trade partner. --- John Murphy

Source - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nf...lt=Aq45beV8UKfXc6ylhTnIiLNDubYF?urn=nfl,29616

2. ive never heard of the guy before

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Moats is similar to Westbrook in size and style. What would concern me is Moats hasn't been a great reciever out of the back field. He only had 4 receptions his rookie year and none last year (he was hurt 1/2 the year). He also didn't light it up on kick returns either. Looks like the Eagles don't see much value in him.

I would consider him but wouldn't give up too much to get him. Might as well wait to see if he is cut.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Do it, he's almost identical to Westbrook and could definately provide a great change of pace back. Everyone complaining that we already have a power back, this guy would be a great complement to LenDale. I think their plan was for this guy to replace Westbrook, but Westbrook is coming off a career season, so that's probably why they see him as expendable.

5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I like it...I remember him from college a few years ago. If he comes cheap, I say heck yeah...then think DEFENSE (except of course, Shwartz sucks...)

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He's pretty good..

I don't see how philly is going to trade him though. He is only a 3rd year player; only makes 3rd rd money(see chris brown) and buckhalter is probably done. Lamar gordon isn't that good.

Too young and too cheap to give up on especially when he has played well for them. It won't happen because they will want too much..

Why did they draft a small back like that in 05 if they had no long term plans for him?

Watch this whole thing will blow up in their faces when westbrook gets hurt.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The cost for moats..

I bet they are asking for a 3rd rd pick. I bet he isn't cheap.

We could afford to get him and still have a guy like betts or brown as well. The total cap hit of lendale, moats and brown or betts would still be less than eddie cost by himself..

8. DJB

DJB Starter

I like Moats

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

But he's pretty much a clone of Westbrook, why do you need to keep a backup when you've got a capable starter that has the same type of abilities? You have to remember that there have always been doubts about Westbrook's durability, but last season he showed that he can carry the load (and the team) for the full season. That's what makes Moats expendible.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Poor man's Maurice Jones-Drew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar