Mock 2016 Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rekirts, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Heres my dream mock offseason... come tear it apart and or give your own.

Cuts:
    Harry Douglass

Re-sign:
    Coty Sensabaugh
    Al Woods
    Craig Stevens

Signings:
    Danny Trevathan, 6.5M $ per year
    Kelechi Osemele, 7M $ per year
    Lamar Miller, 6M $ per year
    Eric Weddle, 4M $ per year
    Travis Benjamin, 3M $ per year (basically what we save from Douglass)
    Ben Jones, 3M $ per year

Approximate money spent- 25-35 M$$ depending on the numbers we get. I think this is a realistic money spent. Still leaves another 10 M in the bank plus the cap increase (looks like it will be another 12) for Wright, Walker, Warmack (if he doesnt suck) extension talks. Probably too many good free agents (Trevathan is probably the most unrealstic after that SB run).

Draft:
    1st- Laremy Tunsil
    2nd- Kendall Fuller
    3rd- Carl Nassib

Tunsil is BPA... fills a need for us. Really easy pick if we can't make a trade down happen.

Kendall Fuller. I think people are underestimating this guy, he was playing hurt last year. Really hope he falls to us at 33. I have a feeling as we get closer to the draft you'll see this guy sneaking into the first round (20s or so). I like him more then I like Hargreaves. If hes gone I'd consider Jalen Mills or Corey Coleman.

Carl Nassib ends up around the ball. Gives us some depth for the OLBs. Not the most athletic guy but its the third round. You either get the super projects or the football players... Here I opt for the player.

Offense:
    QB- Marcus Mariota

WR1- Kendall Wright
    WR2- Dorial Green Beckham
    WR3- Travis Benjamin
    WR4- Justin Hunter

TE1- Delanie Walker
    TE2- Craig Stevens
    TE3- Anthony Fasano

LT- Laremy Tunsil
    LG- Kelechi Osemele
    C- Ben Jones
    RG- Chance Warmack
    RT- Taylor Lewan

FB- Jalston Fowler
    HB- Lamar Miller
    Spell- Dexter McCluster

Offense identity is to run the ball with Miller behind our Oline and Fowler. Gameplan needs to be stay ahead in the down and distance, third and short will be money for Mariota. Try to limit Mariota to throwing less than 30 times a game. Benjamin, Beckham, and Wright all complement each other nicely and have defined roles for each of them. Benjamin has the speed threat, Beckham is huge (and fast himself), and Wright is quick. Need to find more ways to get Wright the ball. Last chance for Hunter to show us hes not complete garbage. McCluster played with heart last year, hes not the best but one of the few who cared. I think hes earned his spot this year. Goodbye Andrews and Cobb, you both suck.

Oline is now a strength. Yea we've invested a lot but its not good... Doesn't mean you stop trying. If we bought that argument we would have never tried another QB and missed Mariota. Regardless, Osemele is a beast and the best guard in FA. Guy is very physical and would open holes next to Lewan or Tunsil. Also can swing to tackle if one of them gets injured. Versatality is important and often underestimated. New center in Ben Jones who can't be worse then Schwenke. He had a decent year for the Texans and was playing injured. Still a young 26, guy could play for us for a decade. Gets good push in the run game. Warmack gets a real center and RT to play next too-- Maybe it pushes him to be closer to what we drafted. If not... Poutasi and Spain are young and right behind him. A guard at 10 is still the dumbest thing we've done. Dumber than hiring Munchak and drafting Locker. Finally you have packages for Fowler and Stevens... These were two of the least utilized players we had last year. With this new Oline you can be really physical.

Would have liked to add another WR for Mariota... But its a pretty bad offseason to be looking. Neither of the Cinci WRs are worthwile imo, and the draft I think a lot of WRs are very overated. Braxton Miller is the wildcard I would look at, but I don't think hes a guy Robinson would go for... And hes quite the risk. Coleman is one I would look at in the second round.

Defense:
    OLB1- Derrick Morgan
    OLB2- Brian Orakpo
    OLB3- Carl Nassib

ILB1- Danny Trevathon
    ILB2- Avery Williamson
    ILB3- Wesley Woodyard

DE1- Jurrell Casey
    DE2- DaQuon Jones
    DE3- Angelo Blackson

NT- Al Woods

CB1- Jason McCourty
    CB2- Perrish Cox
    CB3- Kendall Fuller
    CB4- Coty Sensabaugh
    CB5- Cody Riggs

FS- Eric Weddle
    SS- Da'Norris Searcy

Defense is balanced. Trevathon fits nicely into the ILB spot and gives us a very impressive unit of Linebackers. I think DaQuon Jones makes another step next year and really becomes a threat opposite of Casey. Casey continues being himself and drawing the double teams leaving Morgan and/or Orakpo one on one. I think Blackson was the concensus "worst pick" for the Titans last year but he was actually pretty promising for a mid round player, he'll let Casey and Jones take extended rest when needed. Al Woods is a serviceable NT.

Secondary problems have been overstated imo. Sensabaugh is a fine CB4... When you lose your CB1+CB2 and get pushed two spots ahead of where you should be playing of course you look a lot worse. Especially when Griffin was not playing up to the standards of an NFL safety. Eric Weddle changes that, makes the entire CB group look better (and Searcy). Weddle is 31 but as a safety he can play another 5 years if he wants to. Fuller will play nickel to start and eventually take over for McCourty in the next few years.

Overall we get some real young talent on this team to grow with Mariota. This is not a superbowl roster, but you can really grow the team from here. Sets up us to get our big WR and CB next offseason.

#1 rekirts, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Good job
    I'd actually keep Douglas cut mcclusterf#@k but Benjamin would be a great addition

Id draft Ramsey and make a play for Joe Thomas and Alex Mack over Tunsil

I like Miller at RB as well
    I like Weddle as well, he will be playing with a little more motivation this year

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Why the **** would you want #24 on the team still he just got beat deep for a touchdown as I write this.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

As a #4 CB!

5. rodgev

rodgev Starter

He would get burnt as a waterboy!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I like it Rekirts.

But instead of Lamar Miller, I take Alfred Morris for half the price and bring in Jacquizz Rodgers as a camp body to see if he can fill the DMC role.

I keep Douglas around simply for his Vet experience in such a young WR room.

Stevens is gone, his role can be filled by Supernaw, and he plays all special teams as well. We keep 3 TEs only.

Tashaun Gipson instead of Weddle. Younger and can grow with Searcy.

Draft:
    1st Bosa if no trade, or free drop to 4 and take Ramsey.
    2nd top Corner available

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

This my prediction, I think we get a couple of important Defense players in FA, namely a NT and a FS. Then the draft will be Offense.

ScotTitan Mock Offseason

Resignings

Al Woods, Zach Brown, Byron Bell, Brandon Harris, David Bass, Craig Stevens

Release

B.W.W, Sammie Lee Hill, Antonio Andrews, Coty Sensabaugh, Mike Martin, Steven Johnson, Dorin Dickerson, Joe Looney, Andrew Turzilli, Jason Meredith

Cut

Ropati Pitoitua, Dexter McCluster

Free Agency(25m)

Walter Thurmond FS 4y/22m (5.5m)

I think this would be a really savvy replacement for Griffin. Thurmond had a career year with the Eagles playing SS, with a tight cap budget they cant afford to keep him.

Morris Claiborne CB 2y/8m(4m)

Bit of a flyer here, with BWW and Sensabaugh gone we need to get their replacements in. One in the draft and one in FA. Claiborne has a fair bit of upside left for us to take a flier.

Damon Harrison NT 4y/28m(7m)

One of the best NT in the league, fortunately for us the Jets are loaded on the D-line, and cant afford him, certainly not at 7m per. Harrison will upgrade our run D on first and second down, and then we will unleash the dogs from hell. Huge signing for us.

Rueben Randle WR 4y/26m(6.5m)

Giving Mariota more weapons and protection are the two main themes of this Mock. Randle provides a reliable outside threat. He also runs exceptionally quick and precise routes. DGB/Randle on the outside and Wright/Walker working the middle. Hunter and Douglas provide depth.

Stefan Wisniewski C 3y/6m(2m)

Sick of our Centers getting blown up on a weekly basis. Schwenke is okay at run blocking but sucks against quicker DT's, and he is injured constantly. Wisniewski will come in and give us a solid center for a few years.

NFL Draft

1. Laremy Tunsil LT Ole Miss 6’5 305lbs

I think this decision will be made prior to FA. A true dancing bear, and the opportunity to pair him with Mariota and Lewan for the foreseeable future is too tempting. Some are saying he is the best OT prospect in last ten years.

Trade down and pick up and extra 4th. 33 will be in high demand and we will have plenty of offers to move down, as we have in recent years.

2. Derrick Henry RB Alabama 6’3 238lbs

With Andrews outta town, Sankey and Cobb will hang around. We will be looking at drafting two RBs. Henry is well known, there are question marks about his talent at the next level, but he is a workhorse and will wear down defenses. He is also excellent in pass protection.

3. Artie Burns CB Miami 6’0 190lbs

Bolsters our CB further, has all the tools. Fast, instinctive and has legit ball skills.

4. Spencer Drango OG/OT Baylor 6’6 320lbs

Swing Tackle and Guard, great pick. Struggles with speed, but is strong when engaged.

4. Yannick Ngakoue OLB Maryland 6’2 250lbs

5. Kenneth Dixon RB Louisiana Tech 5’10 215lbs

6. Casanova McKinzy ILB Auburn 6’3 245lbs

6. Brien Boddy-Calhoun CB Minnesota 5’9 189lbs

7. Jake McGee TE Florida 6’3 252lbs

TYLER ERV
    QB – Mariota/Mettenberger

RB – Henry/Cobb/Dixon/Sankey

WR –DGB/Randle/Wright/Hunter/Douglas

TE – Walker/Fasano/Stevens/McGee

LT – Tunsil/Lewan

LG – Poutasi/Bell

C – Wisniewski/Schwenke

RG – Warmack/Matias

RT – Lewan/Drango

DE – Casey/Blackson

NT – Harrison/Al Woods

DE – Jones/Klug

OLB – Orakpo/Mount

ILB – Williamson/McKinzy

ILB – Woodyard/Brown

OLB – Morgan/Bass/Nkagoue

CB – McCourty/Claibourne/Harris

SS – Searcy /Stafford

FS - Thurmond/Huff

CB – Cox/Burns/Boddy-Calhoun

#7 ScotTitan, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 2
  8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Im a big fan of Snacks. Would definitely help the run D.

Thurmond is an interesting player as well.

Really can't see a situation where Zach Brown sticks around.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well we have mocked all of the coaching hires so we might as well mock the entire off season too.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good try but no RB should be making $6M/yr, theyre just not that hot of a commodity. You use and discard those guys after a few years. Draft one R2 or after and pay nothing while they wither away.

Id advise anyone with sons playing football to tell them to play QB or WR or baseball, thats where you make your money and keep your brain 40 years down the road....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar