Mock for my Brother

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

My actual brother, that is. He's getting his law degree from Ohio St. Gotta get it out of the way.

1) Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio St. - My brother, to his credit, has been on Robiskie for about three years now. The Titans decide to move on Robiskie for his high character, smarts and work ethic, as well as excellent route running. Robiskie writes Percy Harvin a thank you letter immediately following.

2) Victor "Macho" Harris, CB, Va. Tech - Ridiculous short area quicks (3.98 short shuttle, 6.65 3-cone), Macho redeemed himself with pro day 40 times of 4.46 and 4.50. Plus, he looks like a miniature Troy Polamaulu (sp?). Now, who wouldn't want that?

3) T.J. Lang, OT, Eastern Michigan - Jason Jones is familiar. Projected to be the first small school OL taken, and because Trevor Canfield and Gerald Cadogan both have off-field battery issues in their past, this pick is right up the Titans' alley. The Titans make it clear the continued success of the offensive line is a priority.

4) Frantz Joseph, ILB, Floria Atlantic - Kind of like Stephen Tulloch, position-wise. Like Tulloch (who I remember ran a 4.9 40), who has proven to be faster on the field than on a track, Joseph is known to be able to play in the middle like it's his own bedroom -- with reckless abandon. Since the Titans know Tulloch can play the outside, that gives them 4 potential options next year - Bulluck, if re-signed, Thornton, Tulloch and Keglar. There are not so many options in the middle, with Fowler departing.

#136 - Brandon Long, DE, Eastern Michigan - Titans just love this school, and from the tape they watched, know he could pair well with JJ. Titans had him rated as a third round pick, and feel they can't pass him up here, even though they considered DT. The ones they wanted in this neighborhood are gone for now.

#173 - Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU - Titans have a soft spot for those injured during the draft process (see Raphael Little), but don't want to wait to send Byrd a camp invite and a "get-well-soon" card after the draft. Instead, they send that card up to the podium here.

#203 - Everette Pedescleaux, DT, Northern Iowa

#206 - Vince Butler, CB, New Mexico St. - (5'9 3/4 186 lbs) had times of 4.46 and 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash, a 34 1/2-inch vertical and a 10-foot, 7-inch broad jump. He also had a 4.05-second short shuttle and a 6.76-second three-cone drill, and he did 14 repetitions on the bench press.

#239 - Kevin Ellison, SS, USC - Really might have to play OLB if not SS. Should at least be able to play special teams...and if not....

#242 - Robert Haynes, DB, Michigan Tech - (5-9 1/4, 189 pounds), who also participated in Grand Valley State’s pro day, ran the 40 in 4.36 and 4.40 and had a 35 1/2-inch vertical and a 10-foot, 5-inch broad jump. He had a 4.18 short shuttle and 26 reps on the bench.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Dude was in school today thinking about the draft in accounting so I wrote one down on paper somewhat similar to yours.

1. Brian Robiskie WR OSU - Character is solid and he's a big physical WR with enough deep speed and runs sharp routs. I like his savvy. But if Britt or Nicks is there it could be a different WR.
    2. Macho Harris CB VT - You nailed good explosiveness and better than expected speed and doesn't shy away from contact. He's a physical player who produced then suprised with good measurables. Has the perfect attitude for this team.
    3. Jason Williams OLB Western Illinois - Good size speed ratio and a tackling machine in college. Has a lot of upside but comes from a small school but we all know that doesn't bother us. Sits and learns behind two of the best.
    4. Bradley Fletcher CB Iowa - Big strong CB with good speed and a 40 inch vertical. Aggressive and athletic and we like big ten players.
    4. Xavier Fulton OT/OG Illinois - Athletic and versatile which we look for in lineman and has starters potential especially if Amano continues to play average.
    5. Everette Pedescleaux DT Northern Iowa - Large man with good athleticism and should only get better. Give Washburn sometime with him and I see a steal. Considered Corvey Irvin DT Georgia.
    6. Gartrell Johnson RB Colorado St.
    6. Davon Drew TE East Carolina
    7. Sammie Stroughter WR Oregon St.
    7. Wes Helms C LSU

Quick didn't have a lot of time but thats roughly it except maybe some switches for the last few.

Liked yours Glinks.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yours, too, PA.

I was very close to putting Davon Drew in that exact spot, I kid you not. I'd be about as happy with your mock.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah I really like Drew. Good frame at 6'4 probably 245-250 range could add some weight and is an above average blocker who is an athletic pass catcher but not a burner.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Todd McShay said last week that he has Robiskie as a fourth rounder. I might could buy it in the second, but I don't think he has enough pure talent to be a first round pick.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Todd McShay is an idiot and Robiskie is a borderline 1st to mid 2nd round pick. And I said if Nicks/Britt are available they will most likely be the pick.

But BR is a good WR. He's got good size, blocks well, is physical, sure handed, runs solid routes, and timed in the late 4.4's. Plus he's a high character guy who didn't put up better stats due to Pryor. I like him are there better options at WR yes, but will they be there....

The only real knock is he doesn't have elite explosion or quickness but relies more on his routes and savvy to get open (but so did jerry rice) and wasn't a game breaker guy that took slants to the house.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I disagree. I think McShay is the only legitimate talent scout on tv (though I like Mayock on NFLN). McShay makes Kiper look like an idiot on a regular basis. And I said I would take BR with our second round pick. But there's no way I'd draft him at number 30, especially considering the other wideouts expected to be there.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have a hard time listening to Kiper because I want to punch him in the face. He is an arrogant douche. Who squints with glasses on?! Get a new prescription Mel!

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, I don't really care if McShay said Robiskie is a 4th rounder or not, I don't buy into that. Just like I didn't buy into Chris Johnson being a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Second round probably would be ideal for Robiskie, but realistically, if they're going WR in one, and Nicks and Britt are gone, unless you want to get risky with Harvin, I'd consider Robiskie.

Anyway, as I said, this one was for my brother, who attends The Ohio State. He would love for us to get Robiskie. Besides, I can see Heimerdinger loving the kid, and his opinion of WRs will count here.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I specifically said If all the others were off the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar