Moments you can compare to Super Bowl 48?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What are some moments in your life you can remember turning out not the way you thought?

For me it isn't that personal, but the Randy Moss experiment in Tennessee. That was about as lousy as last nights game. We had a legend and we managed to only squeeze out 80-yards worth of production in 2010, wow.
    And same goes for Kenny Britt in 2013, kid only got 96-yards ALL YEAR!! :shakehead:

But what are some other let down moments as a football fan or even as you in everyday life...?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I immediately think of the time I bought a used custom Ford Mustang 5.0 (it was beautiful) for $4000.00 and the damn thing blew up on me about 3 weeks later. That was brutal. I wasn't making very good money at the time and had saved for a a year and a half for that car. Ended up selling it with blown engine for $1000.00

As a football fan, the 2008 (actually January of 2009) Ravens playoff game was so awful. We really were the best team in the NFL that year. Had we won that game, we would have been playing the same Steelers team that we had just destroyed weeks earlier on the same field with homefield on the line. Had we won that game, we would have played the Cardinals in the Super Bowl and would have been heavy favorites. Still can't believe Lendale and Crumpler fumbled that one away.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Oh man! I was at that game.. and it was not even CLOSE to what the Broncos fans were put through yesterday. We got to see an ultra-competitive game that came down to the line in the 2008 season playoffs.

Broncos were just embarrassed. Nothing is more humiliating than that, on Football's biggest stage.

I don't regret going to that Ravens game. I would very much regret going to any 30 point beatdown.

I would seriously rather lose close in the AFC championship, than get absolutely embarrASSed in the Super Bowl.

59-0 is the only thing that you can even compare to this, as far as the Titans go.. but that was a game that didn't even matter, and we were the clear underdogs.

There's something spectacular about being the favorites in a game, and getting trounced.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

I may have accomplished nothing of note in my life, but I have encountered nothing as bad as what Broncos players were put through last night, in my lifetime. I hope that remains true.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It just hurt so bad to know that the Ravens were moving on with an inferior team to ours. They knew it too. I remember even John Harbaugh said after the game that the Titans were legitimately the best team in the league all year, but no matter how good a team is, you can't lose the turnover battle in a playoff game and expect to win.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I was at that 08/09 playoff game too. That was heartbreaking. I've said it before, but I really feel like we would've won the SB that year if we had made it past the Ravens. Sucks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea the Ravens game hurt for weeks. When they made that 3 pointer it just stuuuung

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

you can't start Kerry Collins and expect to win.

• High Five High Five x 6
  9. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

My brother is a huge Broncos fan since the early 90's, and I don't think there's any sports event that the Titans have ever gone through that was as bad as that. I'm still shocked (even though I predicted it)

10. nickmsmith

I wasn't really all that upset about it. It was so cold.. maybe my brain was numbed.

I feel like the Titans let us down more than the Ravens beat them.

Blame them hurting CJ, Whatever.. Titans fumbled and bumbled it away, and if it weren't that week, it'd have been the next week. It was bound to happen. Kerry Collins was not going to be a Super Bowl champion with this team. 2008 roster was a time bomb.. waiting to explode. and it did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar