Training Camp Monday, August 6 - 3:30 pm

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

For SOME crazy reason :cj: can catch 10-yard slants from the WR position, but can't catch things in the flats, go figure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Remember guys, this was a no hitting scrimmage. I heard Mike Keith talking about it this morning and he said that there were a lot of times our d-line would have had a sack on Ryan but since they can't hit him he still went ahead with the play and had a completion. He also said there were times where the CBs and Safeties could have hit the WRs and made a play on the ball but that wasn't allowed either. Take that into consideration when seeing all these gaudy stats from the other teams offense.

Also, we can't say "Ryan ate our D alive, and our offensive line gave up a lot of sacks." Those two statements contradict each other when you take into consideration what Keith said. Since we weren't getting any sacks, you can't say the Falcons were.

3. JCBRAVE

Yea cause if there was hitting, Wimbley would have destroyed Matt Ryan on 1 play I saw.

4. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Griffin should've wrecked in a no hitting scrimmage

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Did you go, or just see a highlight on tv/online?

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Yeah this is nothing more than 7-on-7 and even John Glennon released a video where he mentioned that a lot of the Falcons success was over the middle passes that you can't really defend in 7-on-7 because you can't hit too hard. Safeties would have been hitting those guys over the middle as they caught but couldn't in 7-on-7.

7. JCBRAVE

Saw it online

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Kendall will get there. He has only been in full pads for a couple of days at this point. In reality it will probably be around midseason before he starts to really get the hang of the offense and gets good chemistry with the QBs

9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I always wonder why he always shake his head when he talks. Must be some kind of disorder or something.

10. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Also, I think a lot of people are forgetting the Falcons were one of the first teams to open Training Camp. If I'm not mistaken they have been in camp almost an entire week longer than the Titans. Considering that I never expected us to go out and dominate...

But like everyone said when there is no hitting who knows. The Falcons always been a finesse team, but never physical. We have always been one of the more physical teams in the NFL. It would have been nice to do better, but I personally don't read too much into these reports until there is hitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar