Training Camp Monday, August 8

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I love this team; but no way in hell have I thought about a 10 win season! LOL.

I certainly do not see a 10 win season with Mularkey as HC coach. I want to be optimistic. Just can't make myself do it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. kenny

kenny Starter

We have been trying to hire 50+ people for over a year for our warehouse department. I have walked through & interviewed 100's of people. When they find out they will be working in a non- air conditioned area we do good to hire 3 people. We are lucky if 1 of those 3 stay. It's just a different World. When I started with this company 20+ years ago you HAD to know some one inside to get a job. When you got the chance you did whatever you had to in order to keep it. Times & people have changed so much it is crazy.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

make america great again....

4. kenny

kenny Starter

@GoT has me thinking........ How many people honestly have bought into Mularkey as HC?? It's really hard for me to believe in the guy.

During his head coaching tenures, his offenses ranked 7th, 24th, and 30th in scoring and 25th, 28th, and 29th in yardage. His rushing offenses ranked 13th, 20th and 30th in yardage while his passing game ranked 27th, 29th and 21st.

Is that what we are signing up for?? In reality he has openly said, "I have not changed the way I coach or my scheme/philosophy in 20+yrs." He does not believe in the new technology involved in today's game. He doesn't even want the ipads used as a learning tool that much. He has the players taking notes with paper & pen. Maybe that's a good thing. I am not sure. I just have a hard time buying into a philosophy that did not work 20yrs ago. Now in today's NFL I really have to think he is way behind the times.

Teams like the Panthers have had success pounding the ball. However, Cam is also throwing for 3000 - 4000yds a season as well.

Here is an interesting read from Sports Illustrated.

Tennessee Titans training camp physical under new coach | The MMQB with Peter King

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

When I sent that check for 2016 tickets I considered it one of the dumber things I have ever done.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I didn't think we would win 10 the last couple of years or this year for thst matter.
    I choose not to crap on everything this team does, some things I can't control, but I'll have my opinion about them, draft picks, staff , FA signings. But in the end I'm a fan so Ill see how it plays out. Because I'm a fan not an expert.
    If we suck again then I'll have my opinion again. But right now I'm rooting for Henry to be a stud, Sharpe to be everything he has shown so far and yes Mularkey to coach this team to reasonable and achievable 6-8 win season.
    Too many downers on this board, if the organization sucks that much, the players, new and current are so bad...go find another team. Some just b1tch for the sake of b1tching so they can pound their chest and say "I told you so".

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Me too. I thought there would be a decent "Loyalty" program, with cumulative dollars to points for merch or field passes or something of substance. Dollar off beer- uhhhh thanks but $9 is still too high.

This franchise needs this team to win at least 8 games. It's just a no win situation any other way. They dump Mularkey- the re-set pushed again. They keep him with less than 8 wins, nothing suggests there isn't more of the same. If there was ever a franchise desperate for a 10 win season, it's this one.

8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Byard 3rd on depth chart at safety......hmmm

9. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

3rd for FS or just Saftey?

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This is my squad win, lose or draw. I have my opinions but at the end of the day, I get on board with what they're trying to do and hope for the best. Like Mularkey. I wasn't high on the hire but hey, if he's there guy right now, he's there guy and I support him 100%. I believe Mularkey can be a successful coach with the Titans. Gary Kubiak won the SB last season and I don't think he's a very good coach either.

I hope for the best with what they're doing and I support it.

I'm a sports freak / junkie, and the Titans are my favorite team, and my overall biggest passion in life.

Titan Up baby it's not a football team it's a way of life

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar