Monday Injury Report: Givens Lost for Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans WR David Givens tore his anterior cruciate ligament and will be out the rest of the season. Givens had to be carted off the field after being hurt on the Titans' second play of the fourth quarter of Sunday's 27-26 loss to Baltimore. Travis Henry ran for 7 yards off right tackle, and Givens had stopped and planted his left leg to start blocking when he went down. According to Coach Jeff Fisher, he will have surgery as soon as the swelling goes down. "He just came off the thumb injury, worked very hard, and now we've lost him for the season," Fisher said. Givens signed a five-year contract worth $24 million, with an $8 million bonus, in March. He had an ankle injury in minicamps, a virus, then a hamstring injury. He broke his left thumb on Oct. 1 and tore a tendon that needed a pin inserted. Also injured Sunday was DT Robaire Smith and CB Reynaldo Hill who each had a sprained ankle. Travis LaBoy suffered a concussion.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

#90 Camp Fodder

Thigpen, Pickens, now Givens.....the curse holds...

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Wow. I dont even know what to say... I say never pick another free agent WR again, and just draft them high (CJ anybody?)

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

what a $24 million waste... yeah Calvin Johnson to the Titans i have been saying it all along...pleading that we Draft him

5. Archtitan

Archtitan Guest

Might I suggest that the Titans start getting some size on this team? All these guys that are getting hurt are slight. David Givens is a bust. What's the track record for Titan receivers who suffered ACL tears and tried to come back?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Givens isn't a bust. Get over it.

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

wouldnt say hes a bust...we just blew $24million though...We need a playmaker on offense besides Vince, and maybe the solution could be Calvin Johnson, but what are the odds we really do draft him? I get the feeling we would be drafting an O-linemen but i would really like to see us take CJ

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he has 4 years left on his contract.

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

this is pro football people..................players do get hurt..............Givens will be back next yr.

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

david givens is anything but slight.

if anything he's on roids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar