Monday Morning QB: Jets at Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In life, nothing ever stays the same. That is, unless you are a Tennessee Titans fan. Though the faces may have changed, the results look a lot like the previous two seasons as the favored Titans fell 23-16 to the Jets.

This game, as has become too common the past couple of seasons, was marked with inconsistencies and mistakes. The Titans came out flat offensively and dug themselves into a 16-0 hole. The LP Field Boo Birds let their voices be heard early and often as newly-acquired QB Kerry Collins looked extremely rusty and out of synch throwing passes out of bounds or at the feet of receivers. When he was accurate, he was the victim of dropped passes.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001707.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

It made me a little bit sad to look down on the sideline and see Billy holding a clipboard.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

QBs-F Collins starting was a bad choice and he played poorly. RBs-B Ran hard with very poor blocking for the most part WRs-B had some drops but made some plays on poorly thrown balls. OL-F Pitiful Off Coaches- F poor play calling why 2 yd passes inside the 10 at end. DL- B+ Stopped run couldnt get rush with 3 step drop with WRS wide open. LBs- C Didnt make enough plays when needed. CBs- F Pitiful couldn't cover or tackle. Safetys- C- Needed to cover better. Def Cor- F- Poor plan let guys have to much cushion wont blitz. Special teams- C No big plays and gave up long return at critical point. HC- F Poor choice at QB should have played VY must get better plan from Cor.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Was there ever a first down by the Titans when you thought we would do anything but run. If you ask me, it's not as hard to stop the run when you know when its coming. How about mixing it up a little on 1st down?? Just an idea.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Pitiful, ugly and unexcusable.
    The only bright sides, Henry was hot regardless of those blocking for him. Finnegan dishing out the wood.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I thought Hall looked pretty good when they were using him. Then it seemed like they changed their game plan and quit using a FB to run block, which in itself is ignorant. If Chris Brown is going to be our guy he needs hall in the game. Look at how much better Eddie was when he had Lorenzo Neil blocking for him. Its just plain common sense and for some reason we don't do it.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Explain to me why Brown wasn't given the ball more often, considering he went 16 carries for 64 yards... someone startede a thread suspecting the team of tanking on purpose, certainly there's circumstantial evidence to support this.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Same goes for not getting Troupe the ball more. Granted, he really flubbed a easy one but that's no reason to give up on him. He almost always gets extra yardage when he gets the ball. He's one of the few play makers we have and I didn't see us pass to him more than one or two time in the first half. If you ask me, he should a bigger part of our game-plan.

Funny, Fisher never asks me....

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Brown would have had more carries if we were not down 16-0 early. One reason Troupe didn't get the ball more might have been the QB.

Except for QB I think we have solid skill postion players. Brown and Henry compliment each other with Henry looking good on the short yardage. Our WRs with the exception of a few drops got in space and Wade and Troupe are great after the catch. Hand the starting job to VY now that they scewed Volek and let him learn on the job.

10. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

Collins did look rusty in spots, but, Bennett dropping the ball on 3 key spots when it was on the money did not help. Also, the final play was not the Collin's fault. The pass was there. It was just decent D.

RB's - I agree. Looked pretty decent.
    WR's - I would give a C mainly due to Bennett's drops on key downs.
    OL - C. Played well enough to win.
    Coaching - Maybe should have called a run, but I don't think we had a timeout left and that would have killed 2 downs, so passes made sense. Give them a D for the loss.
    LB's - Pretty decent play here. All are playmakers and were fairly solid. - B
    Secondary - Made Pennington look like Manning - Here's your F! and we paid Chris Hope how much?
    D game plan - stop the run: Did it. Stop the pass: Mission failure: F.
    Overall score: D for 3 quarters and B for the other because the game was winnable, but it just did not get done. Way too many mistakes.:irked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar