Monday Morning QB: Jets at Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

We were down by 16 at halftime, don't tell me you can't run the ball when you have a whole half to catch up. Also Brown only had 8 carries for 25 yards in the first half, it's not great, but certainly no reason to give up on the run.

2. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

What else can we expect from a clueless administration. I know that this is a business but it should be run as what it is, a GAME. In a game there should be trust, loyalty and passion, all of which are none existent when the heads use players as chess pieces without taking into consideration that chess pieces donĀ“t do anything, just represent a given value. Players DO make the difference in a team sport. These people are failing to see that "their" team exists because there is a group of people that chose to stand behind it, so they should be more careful whenever they are playing god to uplift their clearly weak egos.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I don't think we should have called a run either with a minute left I just don't understand why we throw to outs that gained a total of 4 yds . The clock kept running on one and we had to use our last time out on the other. It's very hard to score on a 2 yd out that close to the goal line why didn't we take 4 shots at the endzone. I don't know if Chow called those 2 plays or Collins checked to them but IMO we threw away 2 downs with little chance to score on either one.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well on a couple of those short throws they would have given us some yardage plus allowed the receiver to create YAC and at the lest to go out of bounds to stop the clock... had the throws been on target, which they weren't

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I can't believe we just kept playing Collins yesterday. The HC gets the worst grade. If Fish tried all the options and we lose, okay, but you just knew KC couldn't get it done. I thought I'd soften once he got here, but he is just flat out terrible, and there is very little room for him to get better.

I hate it when Jeff Fisher likes people too much. Collins, Sirmon, Thompson, Piller, etc.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't blame Hope for Pennington's spot on passes, Hope did the best he could. Pennington just made the throws.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

This was Hope's coverage on the TD
    I was sitting in that endzone, and it looked like Hope was a step to far behind him.

8. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Hope was in the best position possible to stop that pass...sometimes you just cant stop it, that was a perfect pass...Brown should have been given the ball more, and collins shouldnt have been kept in, he needs more practice to shake the rust..heck we should have put VY in at the end so he could run it in for the tying TD if there was no passing option open

9. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

Collins looked like a QB that had been preparing for less than 2 weeks in a new offense. Oh yeah, he was one. I think under the circumstances, he did ok. He wasn't great, but the receivers did not help him. Bennett had too many drops; Troupe caused 1 of the interceptions and we need Givens to get healthy. I agree we should have run more, but hey, we didn't. We did not under any circumstances need to put VY in at the end of the game. If he is ready for that, then he should already be named the starter. I wanted him to get some PT, but he doesn't need the weight of the game on his shoulders just yet. He will be starting soon enough. I got to believe he is the QB by game 7 based on the remaining schedule going into the bye week. Look for him to start in Houston Week 8.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

From the TV angle I thought Hope had excellent coverage, but the ball was put perfectly on the receivers outside shoulder and he was able to shield Hope from getting to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar